This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Test

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Back again?

Yippee. Yes you are. :yahoo:

Thanks to you and whoever else has put the hard work in. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

the Ad Video is a nice enhancement..

You know what; after many hours of pressure and headaches that's what's really needed - silly cheap shots.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

To me, this just shows how big RMWeb is.

Many hours of disk activity = the huge resource to members.

Many hours of disk activity = the huge domain cost to owners!

Thanks Team.

Kev.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Many hours of disk activity = the huge resource to members.

Nail on head there Kev, it's the 1.5 million + compressed images and attachments that take the time to sort out when the disk is checking itself for integrity. The words and everything else to do with where stuff appears is stored on a separate database on a separate server. I don't know how many words have to be typed to create 100GB+ of text files in effect but it'll have something to do with an infinite number of monkeys I'm sure.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I don't know how many words have to be typed to create 100GB+ of text files...

...sorry, I do waffle on a bit...

Kev.

:)

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

On the other hand, no RMWeb and three model launches - Chauldron Wagons from Accurascale, Condor Conflats from Rapido (N) and 18100 from Rails.

I wonder how long RMWeb would have to be down to spawn a Peak out of Farish :jester:

or a WD 2-10-0 from anyone, just anyone, please!

Sorry, must not wishlist, must not wishlist .....

Edited by RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

…icles

i know the focus is on getting the site up and running asap but any chance of a Twitter notice when it falls over as it used to be please? 

thanks for all the hard work. 

Andi

• Moderators
Just now, Dagworth said:

any chance of a Twitter notice when it falls over as it used to be please?

I used to have it so Twitter mirrored Facebook notifications but I think they've broken that between them. Last time I tried to get into Twitter I couldn't. :mad_mini:

40 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Nail on head there Kev, it's the 1.5 million + compressed images and attachments that take the time to sort out when the disk is checking itself for integrity. The words and everything else to do with where stuff appears is stored on a separate database on a separate server.

That does raise the question of what photos and to what resolution we want them.  Some of the prototype-related threads are particularly heavy on data.  For example I've posted quite a few photos on the Signal boxes thread, as have a number of others.  I've got a lot more I could have posted but have refrained as I don't want to overburden the site.  Videos would be worse, but fortunately many of those are merely links to youtube etc.  There's certainly a case to be made for limits.

Thanks to the team for all their work.

• Moderators
Just now, Michael Hodgson said:

For example I've posted quite a few photos on the Signal boxes thread, as have a number of others.  I've got a lot more I could have posted but have refrained as I don't want to overburden the site.  Videos would be worse, but fortunately many of those are merely links to youtube etc.  There's certainly a case to be made for limits.

Don't worry Michael; the system's set up to resize and compress appropriately (I gave up trying to coach people on how to resize to lower file sizes). Video would be a nightmare (I can easily generate 30GB files on that) so I don't allow them through the upload process. Youtube/Vimeo links do the job without giving me a major headache.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mr Yorker, for all the hard work from you and your team.

Rgds........Mike

Edited by ikks
  • Thanks 1