Dapol Delay notice

birdseyecircus

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, birdseyecircus said:

Dapol just posted this about investing in UK production.

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/Dapol-Continue-To-Invest-In-UK-Production

As someone who's always worked in tooling and manufacturing environments, mostly in the UK, it gives me a nice warm feeling inside to read Dapol's post there.  I wish them all the best of luck with it all.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 21/10/2021 at 18:17, Kris said:

This is a very positive move and hopefully they will continue to expand their UK production.

I would be delighted to see them do just that, though I realise that there are many products that, primarily because of complexity and therefore labour cost, just can't be made here if we want to buy them at anything less than what most would perceive as an extortionate price.

I was delighted to see a few years back that a plastics moulding company near to us in Newhaven had got the contract to produce the Airfix 'Quickbuild' kits; however I think they've now gone abroad again, I believe back to India this time.

Pete T.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

I have an idea that companies like Dapol, Peco, etc, have positively contributed quite a bit during these lockdown times. The retained ability to produce things (not just toy trains ) is significant. Good for them, I say. 

No, it's not political; just good business sense.

Cheers,

Ian.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Maybe Dapol should think of producing more as kits. For example, a coach could be produced as a basic body shell, in various liveries, plus bags of parts for the user to fit, thereby economising on the assembly costs. Similar to the Stanier coaches they produced until recently under the Kitmaster label, but to modern standards with modern detailing.

• Agree 1