RevolutioN Trains Announce Cartic-4 Car Carriers in OO Gauge

sc2016

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/cartic-4mm-from-revolution/

Information from Above Link: 

Revolution Trains is offering the iconic Cartic-4 articulated car carrier in OO-gauge/4mm scale, to accompany the previously announced in N-gauge model.

image.png.079215c2f04723232bd5ae80ae34a8fd.png

The models will be offered in original form with top rails in Motorail, MAT and Silcock & Collings liveries, in MAT and STVA liveries with mesh side screens and in Silcock & Collings versions with side screens and side screens with roofs.

image.png.858aa5b78aa247864f2a12d14d539bcb.png

image.png.85d2edd4cd847919f88254c58f029044.png

image.png.a5592130d8d3b320663d9773eedca324.png

CAD is underway, and will be based on the research carried out for the N gauge model; CAD for the smaller version is now complete and the model is in tooling.

image.png.9b4a13ca5ce501b70509208cc6ebe09e.pngimage.png.9d5fb94f20919379a444409b97148e59.png

image.png.b2177f1714b65246fd4aece01a74930d.png

image.png.e4d3cbae52b5e0da56d6aedb0e240fad.png

Revolution will be opening the pre-order book for the 00 version soon. N gauge models can be pre-ordered here.

• Like 19

For those who only want one set, there were workings from Dagenham to Marcoft's wagon works at Burry Port, when Silcock and Collins were having the wagons fitted with lifting roofs. On the revenue-earning side, one or two sets could be found in Speedlink workings to Exeter, Gateshead and Stranraer.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

8 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

When were these introduced into service? 

1965/6, IIRC; I remember 'Blue Peter' having a long feature about them, in the days of John Noakes and Valerie Singleton. K's were commissioned to produce a two-car set for those travel agents who handled BR bookings; a much finer set of mouldings than the Triang- Hornby version.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Fat Controller said:

1965/6, IIRC; I remember 'Blue Peter' having a long feature about them, in the days of John Noakes and Valerie Singleton. K's were commissioned to produce a two-car set for those travel agents who handled BR bookings; a much finer set of mouldings than the Triang- Hornby version.

The Ford workings appear to have commenced in 1964 while Motorail use commenced in 1966.   Lots of information here -

https://www.ltsv.com/w_profile_014.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Growling said:

Can anyone help me with modelling Scotland in 1990... presumably Bathgate would be about the only traffic flow?  Would any of these have been used on Bathgate-Washwood Heath or any other traffic in Scotland?

Please look at the links I supplied. 

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Growling said:

Can anyone help me with modelling Scotland in 1990... presumably Bathgate would be about the only traffic flow?  Would any of these have been used on Bathgate-Washwood Heath or any other traffic in Scotland?

The Stranraer Speedlink usually had a couple on it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Please look at the links I supplied. 

Paul

Some great material in there as always - my interpretation from these shots is that MAT ran a service carrying Peugeot cars to Bathgate (until?), and Tolemans ran a service carrying Ford cars from Dagenham to Aberdeen until at least 1984. I would assume both came up east coast via Millerhill? The one I can’t deduce is the single photo of a MAT wagon at Mossend. My modelling interests lie north of Mossend so particularly interested in the latter though “rule 1” applies frequently on my layout with Grangemouth docks in particular assumed to have seen a massive late 80s resurgence of all types of traffic..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Some great material in there as always - my interpretation from these shots is that MAT ran a service carrying Peugeot cars to Bathgate (until?), and Tolemans ran a service carrying Ford cars from Dagenham to Aberdeen until at least 1984. I would assume both came up east coast via Millerhill? The one I can’t deduce is the single photo of a MAT wagon at Mossend. My modelling interests lie north of Mossend so particularly interested in the latter though “rule 1” applies frequently on my layout with Grangemouth docks in particular assumed to have seen a massive late 80s resurgence of all types of traffic..

Agree, the one at Mossend intrigued me a lot too, so wondering if that was any regular flow.

4M77 ran until at least 91 via the East Coast ... I distinctly remember it coming through York in the evening.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=Bathgate Washwood Heath

• RMweb Gold

Cracking announcement! I remember seeing the Silcock Express a few times; always an impressive working along the WCML … and when assembling a Speedlink rake a few months ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many Cartic rakes were built and many found their way into Speedlink workings.

I’m going to need a new fiddle/storage yard at this rate!

In addition to the info sources listed in previous posts, I would also recommend Paul Shannon’s ‘Speedlink’ book as it contains details of many workings and formations, many including Cartics …

https://www.waterstones.com/book/speedlink/paul-shannon/9780711036970

8 minutes ago, Growling said:

Apologies... meant to say that was relevant to the Scotland / Bathgate workings. Going via WCML this time.