Palbrick B in OO gauge

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to KR on this announcement!

The Palbricks have been creeping up the echelons of the 00 Wishlist Poll over the years and were only just off High Polling in 2019 (the last Poll to run).

The wagons are certainly a type I want for my own layout.

Brian (on behalf of the 00 Poll Team)

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

If the photos on their website (and advert in BRM) show test models from the tooling then 2022 makes more sense.

edit - the date in the advert is 2022.

Edited by Nile
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fredo said:

Hi, on the website it says the brick wagons are expected Q1 2023 but on the leaflet I picked up at the Electric Train show today it says Q1 2022, which is correct.

Thanks Fred

Hi Fred, Perhapes some kind soul could ask them tomorrow and report back.

Failing that, they do have a "Contact Us" button on the web site too :).

Meld

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, brossard said:

This interesting. MacGeordie of this parish did a limited release etched kit of this wagon last year.  I built his 7mm version.

John

And here are some in 4mm

DSC05253.JPG.f6300d2a4532798684e9631dc39a3539.JPG

DSC05254.JPG.cb6d717d0ab03161e81cbaf9dadcd47b.JPG

Must get the painting done.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

51 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

And here are some in 4mm

DSC05253.JPG.f6300d2a4532798684e9631dc39a3539.JPG

DSC05254.JPG.cb6d717d0ab03161e81cbaf9dadcd47b.JPG

Must get the painting done.

Wow!  You've been busy, looking good.  I thought I was doing well building one in 7mm.

P1010013-001.JPG.6284b05d4e4073a38d4cc8e07e82ed40.JPG

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

There are others here, I am sure, who have favourite photos in books that feature these, and I will for one be after a good half dozen as a fitted head.  Well done, KR. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Am i correct in thinking a few Palbricks survived as EMU coupling translators but with sides missing ? I am thinking of the wagons used to transfer the 507s and 508s to Mersey but also possibly the 317s when brand new. Back in the days when BR were happy to haul brand new trains around the network without brakes.

Please help my rusty memory.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

14 hours ago, Fredo said:

Hi, on the website it says the brick wagons are expected Q1 2023 but on the leaflet I picked up at the Electric Train show today it says Q1 2022, which is correct.

Thanks Fred

I've received their latest newsletter, which covers the two GETS announcements and for the Palbricks it's definately early 2022 as they state it in words as 'expected early next year'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Am i correct in thinking a few Palbricks survived as EMU coupling translators but with sides missing ? I am thinking of the wagons used to transfer the 507s and 508s to Mersey but also possibly the 317s when brand new. Back in the days when BR were happy to haul brand new trains around the network without brakes.

Please help my rusty memory.

Thought a bunch were converted (with sides missing) to freightliner translator/match wagons, rather than EMU. I posted a photo of one in the freightliner FFA/FGA thread. 
Edit: found it

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87703-Bachmann-ffafga-early-container-flats/&do=findComment&comment=1668455

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I attach some pictures of the EP that was displayed at GETS yesterday. It's a nice model, reasonable weight but not too heavy, partly down to the steel wheelsets.

Pleasing detail on the underframe and with kinematic couplers. Definitely going to be an order from me.

20211002_152113.jpg

20211002_152622.jpg

20211002_152632.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

I’m interested in these, but uncertain about the price.  The price quoted on the KR website is £60, but there’s no mention I can see that this is for three wagons.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

13 minutes ago, Downer said:

I’m interested in these, but uncertain about the price.  The price quoted on the KR website is £60, but there’s no mention I can see that this is for three wagons.

The newsletter I received from KR yesterday evening confirmed the price as £60 plus shipping for three wagon pack.

Edited by rembrow
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, zr2498 said:

It would be nice to have brick loads available.

image.png.0dc1cea291e4cabb7ab092fd58eb874e.png

And perhaps some steel coils?

image.png.f4e793915554d32d9499cb233b23ad99.png

The bricks in the photo look as though they could be silica refractory ones (used to line kilns and furnaces) rather than the common or garden house brick. Torpedo ladles were (and still are) consumers of large numbers of such bricks.

Edited by Fat Controller
Added content
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

The palbrick barrier wagon conversions were used where a freightliner set might have been split, one end of the palbrick had a simple bar coupling to match the inner end of the freightliner sets. The wagons were airpiped but otherwise unfitted some were even painted in blue(hint hint KR), it would be a worth while addition to include a bar style NEM coupling to match the inner ends of the Bachmann FGA! Here is the relevant page from Paul Bartlett's excellent site. https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/palbrick  note the coil conversion as well.

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

13 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

Thought a bunch were converted (with sides missing) to freightliner translator/match wagons, rather than EMU. I posted a photo of one in the freightliner FFA/FGA thread. 
Edit: found it

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87703-Bachmann-ffafga-early-container-flats/&do=findComment&comment=1668455

1 hour ago, w124bob said:

The palbrick barrier wagon conversions were used where a freightliner set might have been split, one end of the palbrick had a simple bar coupling to match the inner end of the freightliner sets. The wagons were airpiped but otherwise unfitted some were even painted in blue(hint hint KR), it would be a worth while addition to include a bar style NEM coupling to match the inner ends of the Bachmann FGA! Here is the relevant page from Paul Bartlett's excellent site. https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/palbrick  note the coil conversion as well.

Yes.  Apologies. It was indeed the freightlinwea flats.  I was off on another track !!!! The Merseyrail match wagons were Stanier brakevans IIRC now. 

• Like 2