Standard decoder fitting - Ixion Hudswell Clarke

Lissadell

Hello

I was recently given one of these locos - and very welcome it was!

However, there is no paperwork with the model with regard to DCC conversion (maybe there never was?)

Anyway, I found a very helpful series of photos on RMweb  (thanks Jon F.) that enabled me to gain access to the location site for a decoder.  So now I would really appreciate some suggestions as to a suitable non sound decoder that Forum colleagues have fitted with pleasing results.

The pcb itself  is positioned around a vertical fixing pillar and appears to be connected to the wiring harness via a six pin plug.

Towards the front of the pcb there seems to be a very tiny 8 pin blanking plate, vertically fitted.

I can't remove the pillar since it is the fixing point for the tank top and I suspect there isn't a lot of space below the tank top - so I'm wondering if this all limits my options somewhat ...................

I'm happy to hard wire, if that is the best solution, but it would be great to have the benefit from others who have already made the conversion.  In particular, what decoder used and any particular method of installing.

Thanks

Adrian