Ixion Hudswell Clarke - some decoder advice please

Lissadell

I wonder if any colleague has fitted a non sound decoder in the 7mm scale Ixion Hudswell Clarke loco.

I have just been given one of these models and would like to convert to DCC operation.

I have one or two basic questions related to the Ixion loco and would appreciate contact with another forum member who has worked on this loco.

thanks in anticipation!

Adrian

PS I did post in the 7mm section of the forum this morning but did not receive any response.

Adrian, you have several choices but I think that if you fit a Zimo MX600 decoder you will find you have very good control from a crawl to full power. The loco draws very little current so almost all of the 600 family of chips can be used. 

These decoders have many CVs that enable you to fine tune to suit your driving and layout, if you go this route do download manuals from the Zimo website it’s in fairly easy to understand English. Best choice of decoders on the market. I have about 25 locos fitted with Zimo chips about 15 with sound and I have never been disappointed in the performance of the locos from 0-4-0 to a 2-10-0 9F steam and diesels from a class 05 to a Deltic.

Hope this helps you make your choice!

regards mike 

• RMweb Gold

I have a decoder install that fits a ZIMO decoder, speaker and keep alive supported on a 3D print that also supports the pcb that flaps about unsupported in the original green/red/black engines. The later dark green ones had a support.

choice of whistles with shrill/hooter/chime. The sound project is a Paul Chetter one with real drive.

Don’t think I got as far as adding it to my website but drop me a line to info@ngtrains.com if interested.