HOn30 Battery Tram

Ben v

Thanks for the advise earlier and I thought I would post a few images the current work in progress.

I thought I would have a go at a small mining operation that utilised a battery tram and some "V" tippers.

I could find anything suitable RTR so thought I would have an attempt at my own brass etching.

Its Designed to fit over a Tsugawa Yokou 14046 Super Mini Size Motorized Chassis TU-9A

Its quite plain to start with if all goes well I will add more to it and make a couple more.

Have made a etch layout and since the below image made it solid and tried the iron on transfer to brass sheet.

I am just waiting on my Iron(III) chloride to arrive which should be hear next week.

BT-01.JPG

BT-02.JPG

BT-03.JPG

BT-04.JPG

BT-05.png

BT-ETCH Layout.png

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well the first couple of attempts at etching were a bit of a disaster, the iron transfer method wasn't going well for me so I have ordered some photo sensitive film to have another go but I was able to prove the concept with the the terrible etchings I did get.  See first attempt below. 

Once the Etch film arrives I will have another attempt.

I didn't bother to clean it up yet as I want happy with etchings.  Mech is due to arrive in a week or two.

Ben

20211020_224637.jpg.0080f5f1a568f7236fdc33a2b45667b3.jpg

20211020_224408.jpg.277d88b0189399493bc3576a55fb3eda.jpg

• Like 2