"Next Unread Topic" page-jumping

Ok, so this is an odd one, but apologies if it's already known, a common problem, or I've missed a thread somewhere.

When I click "next unread topic", if I've read some comments in that thread before and thus the button would take me to the "Unread Replies" line, it loads the page most of the way and then suddenly jumps down - sometimes by just a line or two, sometimes an entire post or two. It's especially annoying if the jump happens to line up neatly with the next post and I don't realise it's skipped something, or if there's only one unread post and it just jumps be to the bottom below the actual content.

I don't recall having this issue before the recent advert experiments; I was wondering if a potential cause could be a banner ad at the top of the page loading slightly later than the page, thus bumping everything down? But thinking about it, that would shift the page down meaning my field of view would go up the page to before the "unread" line, not down to a post or two after it, so maybe not.

For reference, I'm on Win10 and the Firefox version 93.0. Any ideas?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi TechnicArrow,

This 'feature' seems to have appeared along with @AY Mod's tests to include the little video on the page - it seems to push the posts downwards, giving the 'jump' to which you refer. 

Have a look at the Advertising thread - there's all sorts of discussions and explanations there.