Staverton Signal Box circ 1950s

Blobrick

• RMweb Premium

I m looking for a small ground mounted   signal box in 7mm scale for my current project. I rather like the look of the Peco LK709  ground mounted signal box,  but l m nor sure if its a generic kit or is it based on a particular prototype?

It does reminder me of small GWR type boxes  but so far at least l ve not found a match to an existing structure. Does anyone know what the kits based on please?

Cheers Bob C

Edited by Blobrick

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Hi Jason

Its funny how things work out, l was interested by your comment that the Peco kit looks similar to Staverton on the SDR. So l did a little googling (Is that a thing?)  to look at the prototype and whilst doing so  found a 7mm laser cut kit for Staverton  Box itself  from York Models, so problem solved. Big thank you for that. 

All l need to do now is find a picture of Staverton in the 1950s!!

Many thanks to everyone for their help on this

Cheer  Bob C

• Like 2

• Blobrick changed the title to Staverton Signal Box circ 1950s
  • RMweb Premium

Can anyone pint me in the right direction please?  I m trying to find any images of Staverton Signal box on the Ashburton Branch in the 1950s. An internet search has  turned up 100s of the box under preservation ownership, but only one black and white issue in what l think is  BR (WR colours) but the photo was dated "1970s"  so strictly speaking still in its preserved era.

Has anyone got any ideas where l might find one please?

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Blobrick said:

Can anyone pint me in the right direction please?  I m trying to find any images of Staverton Signal box on the Ashburton Branch in the 1950s. An internet search has  turned up 100s of the box under preservation ownership, but only one black and white issue in what l think is  BR (WR colours) but the photo was dated "1970s"  so strictly speaking still in its preserved era.

Has anyone got any ideas where l might find one please?

Took me about 5 minutes to find two - one of which was not very good as it was a distant shot.

Here's a link to the better one of the two -

https://www.railwaystationphotographs.co.uk/staverton-railway-station-photo-totnes---buckfastleigh-ashburton-line-gwr-7-23480-p.asp

What you need to think of when looking for old photos is the question you are going to put into the search engine.  'Staverton signal box' will bring up umpteen modern photos.  but if you add 'in old photos' you might get better luck but the other way is to go left field and search for 'staverton station in old photos' - which is how I found this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Took me about 5 minutes to find two - one of which was not very good as it was a distant shot.

Here's a link to the better one of the two -

https://www.railwaystationphotographs.co.uk/staverton-railway-station-photo-totnes---buckfastleigh-ashburton-line-gwr-7-23480-p.asp

What you need to think of when looking for old photos is the question you are going to put into the search engine.  'Staverton signal box' will bring up umpteen modern photos.  but if you add 'in old photos' you might get better luck but the other way is to go left field and search for 'staverton station in old photos' - which is how I found this one.

Very good point SM. I ve always tried to be specific in my search parameters to reduce the number off unwanted returns. I usually then widen the search from there. I confess l dont think l ve ever used the "Old Photos"  in this way, but l will from now on,

Many thanks

Bob C

• Like 1