ERA 1 and 2 Models

Vinedusk

Apart from Roco's occasional pack of Era1 Austrian freight cars, there doesn't seem to be too much interest coming from MMR manufacturers.

Brawa do a handful of G10 boxcars every year and maybe a tank car.  Locos from this period, especially in 3 rail, are hard to come by, unless you want yet another BR18.1 or T5

Is it the natural order of things that this period is in decline for collecting?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jack Benson

If my memory is correct, the market share for the various epochs was as follows in 2010:-

ep 1 9%

ep 2  15%

ep 3   37%

ep 4   25%

ep 5    14%

Not sure whether ep 6 was a ‘thing’  almost 12 years ago.

The market share is fluid and seems to have to changed, in recent years, possibly due to less modellers actually remembering ep 3 being active modellers with ep1&2 being a niche interest then, now possibly becoming more ‘niche’?

StaySafe

• 8 months later...
On 06/11/2021 at 06:37, Jack Benson said:

If my memory is correct, the market share for the various epochs was as follows in 2010:-

ep 1 9%

ep 2  15%

ep 3   37%

ep 4   25%

ep 5    14%

Not sure whether ep 6 was a ‘thing’  almost 12 years ago.

The market share is fluid and seems to have to changed, in recent years, possibly due to less modellers actually remembering ep 3 being active modellers with ep1&2 being a niche interest then, now possibly becoming more ‘niche’?

StaySafe

Thanks.  That's pretty much what I was suggesting.