Industrial tank loco chassis query wheel base 23.5 x 23.5 mm

I have an etched chassis which cane in a lot I bought, the wheelbase is 23.5 x 23.5 mm and the length of the chassis is 102.5 mm

Please can anyone shed any light as to what loco it may have come from. Similar wheelbase to a SR Terrier but it goes on to a longer footplate. I am guessing its industrial, though it may well be of a small tank loco from one of the companies. It could be even a small diesel loco 

Edited by hayfield

Any chance of a picture?   Longer footplate suggests it might be an outside cylinder loco, Chassis ends should indicate if its outside cylinder.  Terriers were 20" stroke but the next Stroudley 0-6-0 class the E1 were 24" stroke with 7ft 3" between font and centre axles, much like GWR Saddle Tanks and Panniers.  Any less than about 7ft WB with 24" stroke inside means some awkward angles for the con rods.    Terriers were 6ft +6ft or 24mm + 24mm and 23ft or 92mm over buffer beams

8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Look like old style Gibson replacement chassis.

Might be worth looking in their catalogue as there might be a clue as to what they were meant for.

Jason

Jason

Thanks, I may just keep them for an 0-16.5 chassis, or incase I get hooked on industrials

On 09/10/2021 at 22:45, DCB said:

Full size 1361 and 1366 classes were 5ft + 6ft WB,  K's might have stretched it a bit...

They did !

Interestingly the K's 1361 chassis I have is indeed 23.5mm + 23.5mm. The frames are featureless rectangles though. These frames look a bit too good to be K's...

45 minutes ago, Barclay said:

They did !

Interestingly the K's 1361 chassis I have is indeed 23.5mm + 23.5mm. The frames are featureless rectangles though. These frames look a bit too good to be K's...

The K's 1366 footplate is 88mm long these frames are 105.5mm long, I guess these could be cut down and reprofiled

16 minutes ago, Barclay said:

I have only built one Centre Models kit and it wasn't that one but it had a cast white metal chassis block. 

Someone suggested it was a set of Alan Gibson Mainframes, so if its the correct size the 16" Hunslet may be the answer. Though its about 6" out on the wheelbase

The Alan Gibson list shows the following and there may be others listed under the smaller companies

OVR Sharpe Stewart 0-6-0

Manning Wardle 0-6-0 ST

21 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Could the frames be scratchbuilt?

Thanks for the guess its made me look at the frames closer

I have looked closer and they are not Milled , but show signs of being etched, as the pips which hold it to the fret have not been cleaned up. Has 2 holes for screw spacers at the ends, but its not a SEF chassis

I have looked at an old Jedinco kit I built years ago, it has a similar set up of round end spacers which screw the frames together and over large headed axle bearings.  

• Informative/Useful 1

Another thought is I have just won a Milholme LSWR H16 loco kit, on close inspection the design of the etched chassis is very similar, whilst it may not have been a Milholme kit perhaps the person who designed the etched fret was the same. The gauge of the metal is much thicker than that which is more commonly used these days.