VEA & ODA in N-gauge - chassis help needed

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

I am looking for help in respect of chassis options for the above wagons.

I have begun working on a small N-gauge project, and would like to run both VEAs and ODAs in Railfreight red/grey.  I have missed the release of the Revolution/Sonic VEAs in the livery wanted, and I don't see any available kit for the ODA.  I am looking at using the NGS kit for the van, and the Peco/Parkside kit for the open but do not know where to begin in terms of a chassis for each.  At one point I considered adapting a Peco 15' wb one but I am not sure if that would look the part.  Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Thanks and regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Premium

The NGS Van Wide kit (kit 61) is what became the VEA. It comes with a ready to use Peco chassis as part of the kit - it's of the earlier oil axle boxes rather than the later roller bearings fitted to the wagons when they were refurbished and became VEA.

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Steven,

Many thanks for the response, and confirming that I am looking at the correct NGS kit.

My thinking was about using this, and the Peco/Parkside pipe wagon kit but fitting them onto modified Peco 15' wb chassis kits so as to give some appearance of the modified suspension and axle boxes.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Alex.