Hornby LNER L1 2-6-4 missing "assembly screws"

I bought a 2nd hand L1 and it is missing the 2 assembly bolts that attach the chassis to the body. The front one also appears to be important for the operation of the pony truck. So I need to acquire at least a front one. They look like they are different lengths on the maintenance leaflet with the front one being shorter. Unfortunately, as the loco is out of stock and the bolts have no part number, Hornby can't even tell me what size they are! I assume they are probably fairly standard parts and not unique to this loco. So can anyone tell me what size they are please and/or where I might get some? Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I don't know what the Hornby part number is I'm afraid, but here is a picture of them:

IMG_4327.jpeg.77b6773fc90959323777760f9863038e.jpeg

Actually they are both the same length.  They have cross heads.  They seem to be 8BA; at least, an 8BA nut will fit, although I should have thought they might be the nearest metric equivalent?

The front one doesn't really affect the pony truck - when it is in place it is above the pony truck.  I think the hole in the pony truck is just there so that you can get the screw out through it, without having to take it off.

Pretty sure I have seen similar ones on other Hornby locos!

Have you tried looking on the Peter's Spares web site?  They stock no end of Hornby parts, but it can take a while to find what you want on their lists if you don't have a part number!

• Thanks 1