BRITAIN’S BIGGEST VIRTUAL MODEL RAILWAY SHOW RETURNS!

AY Mod

• Moderators

BRITAIN’S BIGGEST VIRTUAL MODEL RAILWAY SHOW RETURNS!

VS4 Header Peterborough North.jpg

Back by popular demand, we’re delighted to announce that the next instalment of our #BigWORshow event will take place this winter, across the weekend of December 4-5, 2021.

Now well established, the World of Railways Virtual Exhibition is hugely popular, drawing more visitors than any model railway show in the UK, and this event is set to be our most entertaining yet!

Like before, the #BigWORshow will feature a compelling selection of fantastic layouts created by talented modellers. The exhibits will feature N, 2FS, 3mm, OO, EM, and O scales, with something for all tastes!

Popular features that made the previous show a success will remain, including our live feed, which will be populated with new content at least every 10 minutes!

There’ll be competitions galore across the two days, practical demonstrations from well-respected modellers, interviews with some of the biggest names in the hobby, and much more.

We’re really excited to welcome everyone to our official opening on Saturday, December 4 at 09:30 GMT for two days of fantastic model railway entertainment and exciting challenges – don't forget to tell your friends.

It’s a weekend not to be missed. If you haven’t done so already, pop the date in your diary, subscribe to our weekly newsletter and follow our social channels.

Stay tuned as we reveal more exciting details soon!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3

20 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

What's the intent of purpose of that statement please?

Sorry, the intent was to express disappointment; it was phrased badly and sounds as though I was taking the mick which wasn't the intention. I have been looking forward to the Peterborough show since the last one was cancelled due to the Covid emergency and was wondering earlier in the week when the announcement would be made. Wait for next year.

• Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Sorry, the intent was to express disappointment; it was phrased badly and sounds as though I was taking the mick which wasn't the intention. I have been looking forward to the Peterborough show since the last one was cancelled due to the Covid emergency and was wondering earlier in the week when the announcement would be made. Wait for next year.

Still planned is Doncaster in February, not too far up from Peterborough on the old LN&E.

In March there is the London Festival of Railways at Ally Pally as well.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

We have previously said we wouldn't be holding Peterborough this year. Doncaster in February and Ally Pally in March will be going ahead (pending the obvious).

The virtual show will bring many features we can't do at a physical event so everyone wins. We've already been out and about filming some content and there's much more to do yet.

• Like 4

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Will there be new product announcements??

Possibly. But don't hold me to it.

Disappointment is never a pretty look.

• RMweb Gold

I must admit to looking forward to this.

I was sort of expecting, "real shows starting again", pushing this "covid response" show aside but I there might just be space for both.

I spend between 1.5 and 2.5 hours attending a show in person, BUT I quite happily sit all day through these virtual shows.

:)

Kev.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
25 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Is this still on?

(It took some finding too!)

It is; we're all working through the contents (in between doing mag stuff).

• Thanks 2

Exciting new feature for the next World of Railways Virtual Exhibition!

It’s your turn to ask the questions, as for the next #BigWoRShow, we’ve asked some expert modellers to join two panel discussions, one is on prototype modelling and the second is scenic detail.

What does it take to strictly model a prototype location? Our first fantastic panel - Tony Wright, Chris Mead and Graham Nicholas - will be on hand to discuss the challenges, offer tips and answer your questions.

Our second panel - Dan Evason, Jamie Warne and Richard Hart - will be discussing the challenges, ideas and offering tips on how to bring a layout to life with scenic detail and cameo scenes.

If you have a question for either panel, let us know in the comments below, and we will see if our experts can help during the next World of Railways Virtual Exhibition on December 4-5th.

If you haven’t done so already – make sure the date is in your diary! This show is shaping up to be one of our biggest yet!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Debbiewood said:

It’s your turn to ask the questions, as for the next #BigWoRShow, we’ve asked some expert modellers to join two panel discussions, one is on prototype modelling and the second is scenic detail.

What does it take to strictly model a prototype location? Our first fantastic panel - Tony Wright, Chris Mead and Graham Nicholas - will be on hand to discuss the challenges, offer tips and answer your questions.

Our second panel - Dan Evason, Jamie Warne and Richard Hart - will be discussing the challenges, ideas and offering tips on how to bring a layout to life with scenic detail and cameo scenes.

If you have a question for either panel, let us know in the comments below, and we will see if our experts can help during the next World of Railways Virtual Exhibition on December 4-5th.

If you haven’t done so already – make sure the date is in your diary! This show is shaping up to be one of our biggest yet!

For the first panel:

How do you go about researching freight trains to model? Photographic resources are often scarce, especially of the stock and formations were never the same twice. Do you make an approximation based on the known traffic flows or model what can be seen from photographs?

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2021 at 19:00, SHMD said:

I must admit to looking forward to this.

I was sort of expecting, "real shows starting again", pushing this "covid response" show aside but I there might just be space for both.

I spend between 1.5 and 2.5 hours attending a show in person, BUT I quite happily sit all day through these virtual shows.

:)

Kev.

I too hope that virtual shows continue even after physical ones return - there is definitiely space for both as at the virtual shows you get to see layouts you'd never see at physical ones, either due to geography or their never leaving home. Plus virtual shows are often the only option for those who live abroad...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/world-of-railways-virtual-exhibition?fbclid=IwAR1ZKAOQVUa3vnezaCfE0mMN8GKUlJn28yg49tSZh53qFKhld2FEDtfdt8U

We are busy compiling all of the content for the weekend and it's certainly as busy as ever when you see it all coming together.

There's over 20 layouts featuring a wide variety of themes and some of the best layout features from BRM plus some additional new content not previously seen.

Slides.gif

(No point clicking on the image above yet for the layouts as they're not live until Saturday morning).

Access to those articles starts from 9.30 on Saturday with more features starting from 10.00 including:

Manufacturer updates and interviews with Accurascale, Bachmann, Cavalex, Dapol, Intentio, Heljan and KR Models.

Special offers from show sponsor, TMC and other retailers.

Interviews with Pete Waterman, David Haarhaus, Graham Muspratt, Simon Martin, Jenny Kirk and Simon Kohler.

Prototype features and tours around the SVR and Crewe Heritage Centre.

Prize competitions

Kids' Zone Content

Plus many more features.

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/world-of-railways-virtual-exhibition?fbclid=IwAR1ZKAOQVUa3vnezaCfE0mMN8GKUlJn28yg49tSZh53qFKhld2FEDtfdt8U

• Like 9

On 08/11/2021 at 19:38, Debbiewood said:

How about a signalling themed one next time? ;) :D

Looks like it is going to be a good show, I look forward to it!

Simon

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Try doing that at Stafford.

He'll find a way; don't worry! He'll be paying correctional visits to Camel Quay as well as managing Canute Quay.