BRITAIN’S BIGGEST VIRTUAL MODEL RAILWAY SHOW RETURNS!

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

He'll find a way; don't worry! He'll be paying correctional visits to Camel Quay as well as managing Canute Quay.

ehem Canute Road Quay I'm triple barrelled you know...

• Funny 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Markwj said:

it’s only a few of us who moan!

But don't half make an irritating noise. ;)

Anyway...

There's 18 hours of video in the show over the weekend.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Not the most memorable link, so I thought I would make a note of it.

Just head for world-of-railways.co.uk tomorrow plus there'll be a link on each page here too.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Miss Prism said:

Yes, the banner header link is much better. I've had a gander at the layouts (excellent), but how do the links to the other stuff get notified?

The other content will appear in the timeline as the weekend progresses, just keep dipping back into it.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, long island jack said:

Title a bit misleading " World of railways" only one non British layout, moan over!!!:mad::D

Yeah, Phil has gone all European and niche on us this weekend.

We'd love to feature more but much of the content is why fits with the BRM name and/or what is su.bmittd for inclusion.

Given a higher company credit card limit Phil would have been off to New York or the weekend to host the show from Botanical Gardens - https://www.nybg.org/event/holiday-train-show-2021/

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello Andy

Enjoying the show! Many thanks for all your hard work!

A note for David Haarhaus...

In the Bachmann interview where you are discussing new models (about 12 minutes in), David remarked that the MIdland 1P 'wasn't on anyone's radar'.

Well, here's how it fared in the 00 Wishlist Polls prior to its announcement in 2017:

2013 - High Polling

2014 - Middle Polling

2015 - High Polling

2016 - High Polling, where it was the fourth most-wanted LMS loco.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

We have got some page loading issues at the moment. We are aware and working on it.

That all seems to have settled down again but there is a 'Maintenance in Progress' banner at the top which we can't shake off at the moment.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, long island jack said:

Title a bit misleading " World of railways" only one non British layout, moan over!!!:mad::D

You didn't watch Ben Jones interview then. Plenty of foreign stuff there. 

But, yes, we'd like to do more if there is the demand. 

47 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

You didn't watch Ben Jones interview then. Plenty of foreign stuff there. 

But, yes, we'd like to do more if there is the demand. 

The Ben Jones interview was very interesting, about Heljan developments. His layout had some good features, particularly the multi levels, which has got me seriously thinking about adding another level to my loft layout, so glad I watched that.

Also there are many threads on RMweb on all manner of railways across the world, so there is an interest...

Edited by railroadbill

• RMweb Gold

Hello Andy, Phil and everyone

Very much enjoying the show - particularly as 'time was against me' during last year's event and I didn't see as much as I would have liked.

One thing that is clear from the videos is how strong, resilient and resourceful our model makers are! They have flown through massive turbulence but seem to be coming out of it with more good news than we have probably ever had! 

When I was at work, some people could be more than a trifle 'disdainful' that I was into railway modelling. I bet those same people would be very surprised at the 'business acumen' displayed by our manufacturers!

All the best to them all!

Brian

• Like 8

Yes -  for many of us over the past eighteen months, railway modelling was the place where we kept our sanity, and it was a great opportunity then to review our modelling skills.  Enjoying the show!  [Alisdair]

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• Moderators

The live feed has closed for the day but will be running again in the morning. You can still access all the features for a while.

It's been a frustrating day with loading performance but that's down to a lot of people accessing the pages for which we apologise; it happens!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

A sign of how popular the virtual shows have become maybe?

I personally have very much enjoyed the content released today. Thank you to everyone involved for their hard work and I'm already looking forward to what tomorrow brings :):good:

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 2