BRITAIN’S BIGGEST VIRTUAL MODEL RAILWAY SHOW RETURNS!

AY Mod

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, johnd said:

Can anybody help, I don't seem to be able to find the website for the DCC controller that was the prize in yesterday exhibition competition.  Anybody point me in the right direction for it. 

Thx in advance 

Here you go...

https://dmgelectech.co.uk/product/dual-function-controller-dc-and-dcc-ld101-by-ane-model-5-decoder-pack/

I just want to thank and congratulate Andy and the other organisers and contributors for an excellent effort over the weekend (and obviously for weeks and perhaps months leading up to it) The layout articles and videos were of high quality, there were more demos than I think you'd get at almost any exhibtion and it was interesting to hear about Dapol's repatriation moves. Special congratulations to Andy for some superb layout photography- I've never seen the Madder Valley so well imaged. 

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold

I have to echo what has been said by David; there was so much amazing content to see!
As I do every virtual show, I have written a report on my personal highlights; just as I would for a physical show. Many thanks to Andy and others who have allowed me to use their photos to help make the report more visually stimulating. You can read the full report here:

SHOW REPORT - WoR Virtual Show 4

I know it's a lengthy post, but I think that just goes to show the high quality of the content on offer. Please, please, please do buy the souvenir guide and also give the team constructive feedback so that they can add even more of what you like to see in future events. These events cost money to put on, and yet the team give their time and an awful lot of effort to provide these events; all whilst juggling the production of a packed magazine!

Once again I'd like to thank everyone involved.
All the best,
Jamie

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Enjoyed the show throughout. There were one or two issues with the front-end freezing (mostly around 3-4pm, the same time of day this happens most often on RMWeb). This wasn’t generally a serious issue as I could watch one of the videos without problems and by the time I got back to the front end it was running OK again.

The high spot for me was something I almost didn't bother watching: the interview with David Haarhaus. Illuminating to hear about all the difficulties of running a model railway business that modellers don't always think about, and that delays have implications other than disappointing modellers waiting for the items concerned. Bachmann do seem to be in good hands.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

The high spot for me was something I almost didn't bother watching: the interview with David Haarhaus. Illuminating to hear about all the difficulties of running a model railway business that modellers don't always think about, and that delays have implications other than disappointing modellers waiting for the items concerned. Bachmann do seem to be in good hands.

I think it was a very honest interview from the heart - as you say, this suggests the firm is in good hands. I was taken by his early recollections of Welsh NG steam too. People on forums can (deliberately?) forget that our models are made by human beings who care about the results, it's nice that with both David and Ben Jones, we were able to show that they are enthusiasts as well as business people.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks also from me, another good show. The virtual concept is a gift for those of us on the wrong side of the channel. I had to do some family stuff but enjoyed what I did see.

The Playtrains unboxing sounded like the worst of Youtube but put a huge big smile on my face. The Andy and Phil double act really is a winning concept, you should put in a pitch with the big channels :D

Edited by Mikkel
Typos
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks to everyone involved for putting this together and as a regular attendee at the Peterborough show it was much appreciated and especially for sticking with the “negotiations” with the server when the problems were kicking in. One can only imagine the frustrations and language at HQ but doubtless some charity will benefit from the overflowing swearbox. 

Hopefully next year we will see the usual show return?

It’s always been one of my must see shows as even before COVID I always enjoyed the the space, there as the setting out is never cramped or claustrophobic. 

On 04/12/2021 at 20:10, Phil Parker said:

Warning - it's an event. All the Saturday stuff vanishes on Sunday, and the Sunday stuff goes on Monday. Just like a real show.

You can buy a show guide which gives you access to the videos, plus a load of layout photos, for only £2.99 - https://pocketmags.com/british-railway-modelling-magazine/world-of-railways-virtual-exhibition-souvenir-guide-dec-2021

The guide allows you to view everything at your leisure. A bit like being able to pack Warley in your rucksack and take it home. But without finding your rucksack full of "aromatic" people only interested in finding the cheapest toy trains.

Hi, 

I have tried several times to purchase the guide using PayPal and once using my bank card, all of which failed. Is there a problem with Pocket Mags or is it me? Please advise. 

Regards 

Brian 

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Hi, 

I have tried several times to purchase the guide using PayPal and once using my bank card, all of which failed. Is there a problem with Pocket Mags or is it me? Please advise. 

Regards 

Brian 

We've sold some I'm told, so I assume Pocketmags is working - sorry, it's a separate company so we don't have control over it.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

This looks like the drama programme that resulted in the set of seat covers for the APT at Crewe mentioned in @Phil Parker's trip to Crewe Heritage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59379022

You can see them in the background in the second photo - tartantastic!

Sadly, as I don't have Sky I'll have to miss out :-(