Model Railway Exhibition, Alsagers Bank, Staffordshire. Saturday 27th November 2021

Benjamin Brady

A note for your diary Saturday 27th November 2021.

Members of Alsager Railway Association have been presented the opportunity to run a small show towards the end of this year. The show shall be a very low key event and give members a chance to run their layout that have not had chance to be out for 18 Months.

I shall fill in more details as they are confirmed with such things as layouts attending. So far we have Hartlepool 2 (2mm), 1 4mm layout, and a 3mm layout names and details to be attached. 

As this is a very small event there shall be tea, coffee and biscuits available. 

The show shall be held at Alsagers Bank Primary School. 

More details to follow. 

Edited by Benjamin Brady
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Aye, it's not far. It's on top of the big hill between Audley and Silverdale, if you know that area at all. There's a nice pub with great views from the beer garden, named the Gresley Arms (named after Sir Nigel Gresley, but not THAT Sir Nigel Gresley).

I've put in my diary to drop in and have a look, anyway.

11 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Aye, it's not far. It's on top of the big hill between Audley and Silverdale, if you know that area at all. There's a nice pub with great views from the beer garden, named the Gresley Arms (named after Sir Nigel Gresley, but not THAT Sir Nigel Gresley).

I've put in my diary to drop in and have a look, anyway.

Can vouch for the view been there many times. 

Think its named after the Nigel Gresley who built the canal that ran from Apedale to Newcastle-Under-Lyme which is in the next valley. 

For those looking for where the exhibition is to be held, below are two very basic maps. 

The schools is signposted from the main road as 

The Richard Heathcote Community Primary School, however is now called, Alsagers Bank Primary Accadamy

Postcode ST7 8BB

We are formulating a layout plan this evening. 

Alsagers Bank .jpg

Alsagers Bank 1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning All, 

It has been a while since the last post. Since the last post another layout has been confirmed Culthwaite. This is a small station based on the S&C portrayed in the present day. 

Another update is on the catering side. We have added Bacon & Sausage baps

Culthwaite.jpg

Culthwaite.jpg

• Like 2

A few photos of Bluebell cutting. 

I hope the £1.50 is worth it, and if not there is always a pub over the road. 

I think the name of Culthwaite works well and it does sound very S&Cish. As for Port _____? it could be quite clever as it is only half of the full layout thus I've been left with Port ______ ? 

Bluebell Cutting 2.png

Bluebell Cutting.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening,

We have had two 00 layouts confined for the show Rushwick a small GWR BLT and Dunnington DVLR which can be found here in rmweb. 

We are nearly now all set and ready for the show and we hope the weekend goes well. There are slight modification happening to Weaver Hill along with some refurbishment work with Gresty Lane. 

For those attending the road leading to the school is opposite the Gresley Arms Pub in the village of Alsager Bank. Parking is also available at the cricket club as well as the school in Alsagers Bank 

20210623_012646.jpg

20210526_231215.jpg

20210623_012310.jpg

• Like 2