RMweb defaulting to bottom of page.

Since the recent changes to RMweb, I find that when using the back arrow to return to the index page I am looking at (Content I have posted in, etc.) or when I open a thread from an index page using the last viewed dot or star, the screen defaults to the bottom of the page. I therefore have to scroll up to where I think I last viewed the topic.

It happens on both a pc and an laptop running W10 and Chrome browser,  Does this occur to anyone else? Is there a solution?

• Agree 4

It's the new ads. These ads change basic browser positioning functions. The back button places the ad where it is most prominent, and the actual page content is then pasted underneath the ad. In effect, the ad becomes fixed on the screen and the page content floats behind it. It's spectacularly good or spectacularly nasty programming, depending on one's point of view.

On RMweb, I now avoid using the back button if possible. When viewing VNC, I open topics in a new tab. This still produces the characteristics described above, but at least the tab can be closed immediately, and avoids one back button move.

I expect this thread will be closed because of the existing ad thread (although currently it is not discussing ads).

Edited by Miss Prism
  • Informative/Useful 3

The top banner and BRM advert in the r/h sidebar move with the rest of the page when I scroll (although one or both sometimes disappear completely), whereas the video advert and the privacy button in the lower r/h corner remains fixed in place on the screen.

So the content doesn't need to default to the bottom of the page as the video is always present and fixed.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I'll be discussing this with the techies in a meeting this afternoon.

I've discussed the issue and they've been able to replicate it at that end so they'll look to try and resolve it.

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Morning Andy-sorry to be a pain but, of late, I have been suffering from this (admittedly  very minor) problem; it doesn't affect my continued addiction to dear RMWeb but just a small niggle! Any sign that it might be fixed?

Very best wishes, Tim.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Tim Chambers said:

Morning Andy-sorry to be a pain but, of late, I have been suffering from this (admittedly  very minor) problem; it doesn't affect my continued addiction to dear RMWeb but just a small niggle! Any sign that it might be fixed?

Very best wishes, Tim.

I prodded them again last Friday for a fix Tim. We'll see. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

As I am now also using MS Edge (following so issues with unreliability of BT Webmail, so need to send some emails via a Hotmail address), I have found that the defaulting to the bottom of the page isue appears to be confined to Chrome.

• 1 month later...