DR4088LN Setup

Seamus147

Hi Guys, this is sending me crazy.  Ok i'm a newbie, built a runaround track 3 x 1.2 mtrs, probably a little more than i should off for a start.   However plenty of videos and reading later opted for Digikeijs DR5000 system to run with itrain. 

The track is plumbed in, turnouts operating fine (via 4018) 12 off , manually trains set up and running fine.   My problem is the setup of the DR4088LN + 4088 + 4088.  trying to get a basic feedback system working.  i'm sure this topic has cropped up before but try and find logical answers, its not easy.    i'm sure its in the setting or something but i just cant find out my next move.    Every video i see show the LNCV programming window different to mine, trying to resolve the issue has made it more complicated  This can be seen in the 2 pics i'm including.   Why don't my first 2 rows show red,  now i scroll through to 64, at least that was right earlier in the day (48), as for the ticks, i'm just so confused, there's nothing on the track.

I'm really grateful for any assistance, looking forward to that

unwanted ticks.jpg

even more ticks.jpg

• RMweb Gold

New members is for just that, so we can announce our arrival and interests. This needs to go into the DCC threads, where there will almost certainly be someone who can help. I will report your post, and ask the Mods to move it accordingly. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Seamus147 said:

Much appreciated.   Can’t even get that right
 Thanks

No shame there! If you click on browse, at the top left of the New Content page, and then click the first item, Forums, the main headings will tumble down before you. Clicking on any will then give you an idea of the many, many topics under discussion. 

• Like 1

Well as I’m here I may as well introduce myself. I’m Sean  living in Gibraltar many years, main interest are Snooker and Golf, and taking a keen interest now in modeling.    How this came about started 4/5 years ago when we built a very basic runaround single track system, for a entrance into an Entertainment Centre.  This Christmas wonderland was made up of commercially purchased products like Ferris wheel, carousel, ice rink etc.  In all,  with the lighting it looked good and was a very popular with the kids entering the venue.   So here we are now building a system that hopefully will go on display someday,  hopefully inspiring some to get involved. 
Regards

• Like 3

I assume that as you have the 4088LN that you are not using the S88 bus? If you are using a DR5000 (which I think you are) have you deleted the S88 feedbacks in the configuration for the DR5000? IIRC it always adds at least 1 x S88 module and you need 0.

Interesting.  The bit that confuses me a little is the ‘next ‘ bit.   I thought the multiple 4088’s were all programmed in one hit,  also I keep seeing start at 17   How are they programmed individually, I haven’t seen anything on that anywhere,   
‘I’m sure it’s simple when you know how, really appreciate your time

i’ve just read another post of yours making reference to itrain Video series,  you’re not wrong,  I think I’ve seen each one 4/5 times.and plenty more to see

You need to tell EACH DR4088xx the start address and how many feedbacks that are in the unit.

Ergo, for the first unit, you put it in programme mode and send an address of 1 (this is a turnout address). This means it starts at 1, you then need to tell it to use the next 16 addresses consecutively. Doing this defines addresses 1-16 in this unit.

For the second unit you need to start at 17 - you have already used 16 addresses, therefore the first number you send is 17 followed by 16 which means you have programmed the second unit addresses from 17-32.

rinse and repeat for additional modules

does this make sense?

Hello World, HI iain,

i've spent most of the day playing around with the feedbacks, i'm obviously missing something very basic.   At the same time reading a previous post of yours (on a simular topic) i have learnt some very important points.    One being take a step back, just connect one  DR4088LN,  program it to commence 1 through to 16.     Bingo this worked, this is the first time a Loco ticked a box and followed on to the next.     Though the blue box was a little confusing as it goes forward, upon ticking the box the blue goes previous before proceeding to the next ticked box, if that makes sense.   Still don't understand the red boxes i see on other programming videos.

Can i say believe me, i do a lot of searching on the web trying to resolve these issues myself but am unable to find answers to what i think are easy questions.  i fully understand that the basics have to be understood before moving on and i'm sure one day i'll be in the itrain forum. but i have to walk first.

As i said above 1 - 16 works, when i plug in the next DR4088 and try and programme it,  strange thing happen and i lose the 1-16 feedbacks i had.  It was a concern yesterday when you advised to do one,  then  17 - 32   as in the programming button is on the first unit, there's no button on the next unit or the next, am i not writing it on top of each other, giving me issues. 

I really am lost ,   as an example, Should anything be written  in the LNCV tab ?   this one might sound stupid but do i press the Red button or the Green button to commence programming ?, is there a difference ?   These are the thoughts that i go through, no answers at all to work with.

Again Much Appriciated

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Seamus147 said:

Yes, i have as you discribe,  back to the manual lets see if i've missed something.

I have similar to what you describe but on the R-BUS, so DR4088RB + 4088 + 4088. The only one that needs programming was the DR4088RB. These Digikeijs 16-port modules are equivalent to two 8-port Roco modules so the programming was to define the DR4088RB to have 6 ports which generated 48 addresses. 

Back again, with a smile not beaten yet.

Having read the manual thoroughly (again), i have noticed one little detail that may be relevant.   I see there is a tiny LED between the in and outs on the dr4088cs's  .......... minds not lit at all even though the train's all over the track.     

Just had a thought........................ So using my nogin,  i wonder how those little rj45's are,    so swapped um round, guess what ...........started to have feedback on the second 16 to 32. got a couple of new Rj's , problem solved, i have feedback.   i also now realise they are only active (led) when in use.

Guys thank you for your input, Sorry i've been a bit basic, i'm known for fixing anything, but if you dont know, you dont know.  You guys are a credit  to the community, Thanks.   Right,  i've got a couple of Pinball machines to work on now  i feel better,  they also can be confusing believe me. 

• Thanks 1