Last class 60 in Trainload Construction livery

Neil P

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know when the last Class 60 in Trainload Construction sector livery was finally repainted?

This site says that 60043 still carried the livery in 1999, but looking at photos on Flickr, I don't think that is the case 
https://railrevisited.blogspot.com/2021/02/class-60-locomotive-visual-history.html#more 

I've seen coal sector ones into the 2000s.

I've managed to pick up a Hornby Class 60 in this livery, and I'm hoping to run it alongside some passenger trains from the early privatisation era.

Whilst not directly answering your question, the last 60 to carry a sector decal in service was 60054 with its petroleum sector decals, carried right up until refurbishment and repaint to DB red in the early 2010s. Would be doable quite easily if you're happy to change the sector.

Jo

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Whilst not directly answering your question, the last 60 to carry a sector decal in service was 60054 with its petroleum sector decals, carried right up until refurbishment and repaint to DB red in the early 2010s. Would be doable quite easily if you're happy to change the sector.

Thanks. As I understand it, the sectors were pretty loosely adhered to, so I could change the sector and still use it with my aggregate wagons. I'd just prefer to change as little as possible. (Using Rule 1, I'm happy to overlook incorrect running numbers, but not the liveries for some reason!)

That's totally understandable about wanting the right livery! Yeah locos were hired between sectors if one was short, so petroleum on aggregates could happen. Obviously post BR the sectors were irrelevant so pretty much anything goes!

Jo

• Thanks 1