The Coolest Looking Train in the World?

Claude_Dreyfus

• RMweb Premium

I know this is down to personal opinion, however the Nankai 50000 series Rapi:t is finally being re-released after much praying from those of us with a Japanese modeling persuasion, and really, is there a cooler looking train out there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nankai50000Series01.jpg

The original model came out about five years ago, sold out almost immediately and thereafter joined the ranks of rocking horse droppings in terms of availability. Now the manufacturer for this model - Micro Ace - does not tend to produce re-runs, so this is indeed special.

For those interested, this unit operates a limited express service to Kansai Airport in Osaka via the Nankai Railway.

It is due out in November....cannot wait! smile.gif

Guest Max Stafford

To me it's a modern-day take on the art deco streamliners of the 1930s. A brave design, far superior to the blandness of most UK units.

That's reason enough to like it! B)

Dave.

From the title of the thread I was expecting to see a picture of a class 442 at the top cool.gif

That japanese thing reminds me of Starbug from Red Dwarf biggrin.gif

More like the rocket ship from 'Flash Gordon'........saviour of the universe!

dreyfussHudson.jpg

I think it gets some styling features from this

Dreyfuss Hudson.

Colin.

I saw a picture of that train yesterday, and immediately thought of this thread. It's a damned cool looking train. I'd also submit the Flying Hamburger and the LNER P2 Cock O' The North.

• 4 months later...

Archived