Security fencing

sb67

I was looking at some fencing to use on my layout that is appropriate for the late 60's onwards. What year would the angled post with barbed wire at the top have first been used?   I can remember seeing them in the 70's but would they have been around earlier?

many thanks.

Steve.

I'd maybe put it a few years earlier. I started school Jan '58 at Mickleover Infants (Now home to Mickleover MRC!) and Mickleover Junior had just opened and that had that type of fencing round it when I moved there in 1960.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your help guys. I've a really dumb question now! Does it matter which way round should the angles be facing? Should they be facing away from the place that the fence is protecting? 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, sb67 said:

Thanks for your help guys. I've a really dumb question now! Does it matter which way round should the angles be facing? Should they be facing away from the place that the fence is protecting? 

If the fence is on the boundary line I believe the angled part should face inwards so that it doesn't overhang someone else's property.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

If the fence is on the boundary line I believe the angled part should face inwards so that it doesn't overhang someone else's property.

Never thought of it like that! :good:

• Like 1