18000 Gas Turbine engine sound

• RMweb Premium

I want to increase the sound (if possible) on the 18000 gas turbine engine sound. However I am not familiar with the loksound V5 sound decoders. Any help regarding which CVs to change would be appreciated. I know when changing some individual sounds other CVs have to be changed, but for the life of me I cannot remember which ones.

The sound are set quite high now so be carefull:

CV259  Gas Turbine is set at 254 (Full Volume)

CV63    Overall Sounds is set at 170, do not exceed 185.  (The decoder 'could' be damaged)

If not enough then dump the cheap speaker fitted and fit two of these.

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=223_75&product_id=379

This is the first complaint re our sound in the 18000, over 400 sound models have been sold by rails and 30+ by us to fit in none sound locos.

Charlie

• RMweb Premium

HI Charlie, It is not a complaint, I am more than happy with the sound file, I just wondered if it was possible to make it a bit louder, I have the speakers you recommned fitted. Maybe its time for me to invest in a hearing aid? my wife always says 'theres none so deaf as those who do not want to hear' especially when it comes to washing up!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2021 at 17:56, charliepetty said:

Hi Charlie , father xmas is rumored to be bring me a gt3 so I wondered if you will be at the Erith model railway show in January and if you will have capability to program chips there too ?

Thanks

Chris

18 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

Hi Charlie , father xmas is rumored to be bring me a gt3 so I wondered if you will be at the Erith model railway show in January and if you will have capability to program chips there too ?

Thanks

Chris

We will not be attending the Erith show sadly, purely on costs, the Fuel alone is £160.00 + Hotel, Meals & Stand Rentals, simply not viable anymore.

Just send us your decoder and order it online, the project is for a ESU Version 5 only. 

Just ring us: 01132 563415.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Thanks 1