Grain wagon magazine article help - Whisky on the Wagon

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

A few years back I was given a scan of the above article however my copy is now corrupted.  I have tried through my usual suppliers to obtain a copy of the magazine but with no luck.  Can anyone on here help?

The full details of the article are:

Ratcliffe, David (1994) Whisky on the Wagon - the operational history of the BRTE Bulk grain vans. Modellers' Backtrack vol. 4 (part 1) pp 04 - 10

The plan is to use it in guiding me through a few appropriate upgrades and conversions of the whisky grain wagons I currently have.

Thanks and regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alex TM said:

Hi everyone,

A few years back I was given a scan of the above article however my copy is now corrupted.  I have tried through my usual suppliers to obtain a copy of the magazine but with no luck.  Can anyone on here help?

The full details of the article are:

Ratcliffe, David (1994) Whisky on the Wagon - the operational history of the BRTE Bulk grain vans. Modellers' Backtrack vol. 4 (part 1) pp 04 - 10

The plan is to use it in guiding me through a few appropriate upgrades and conversions of the whisky grain wagons I currently have.

Thanks and regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

I used to have the magazine but made the mistake of lending ot to someone and it never came back.

I'd love a scan ofthe article to add to my wagon files!

Thanks

Phil H

Edited by Scottish Modeller
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Alex,

@hmrspaul provided more details on a @Signaller69 thread "Signaller69's projects: oldskool Hornby 25 conversions with resin u/f etc details" as follows:

"

The Whisky wagons have been written up in

Ratcliffe, David (1994) Whisky on the Wagon - the operational history of the BRTE Bulk grain vans.      Modellers'Backtrack vol. 4 (part 1) pp 04 - 10.

Ratcliffe, David (2010)  'Modellers Guide to Whisky traffic'   Rail Express Modeller Supplement June 2010 pages 15-17

Mann, Trevor (2015) "BR's Whisky Makers" (BR Bulk Grain Vans) 'Rail Express Modeller' No 133 (May 2015), pages M14-M20

There is a scale drawing (not diagram) of the OAA in Bartlett, P., Larkin, D., Mann, T., Silsbury, R., and Ward, A. (1985) An illustrated history of BR wagons, Volume 1 published by Oxford Publishing Company, 192 pages.

Paul

"

Hopefully some of these references may be of use.

Ian

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

HI folks,

Many thanks for the feedback.

Ian, those references are truly useful as I have more chance of tracking down those than the article in the OP.

Phil, if I get a hold of them I'll be in touch.

Thanks and regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Premium

HI again,

Thanks for the additional references and suggestions for sourcing the originals.  I now have enough information to proceed with the models I had in mind.  The next part is to obtain some suitable donor wagons for the chassis.

The VCT are a great bunch of folk.  I was pointed to them by folk on here.  I checked with them recently and they didn't have any copies of Modellers Backtrack, hence the request here.

Thanks and regards,

Alex.