North Staffordshire Modern Image Layout

Guest 34008Padstow

Guest 34008Padstow

After a recent holiday to stoke with the missus, i spent an hour at Longport station. with in minutes there was pendolinos, voyagers freight and locals all rushing through and this got the ball rolling for a small project to start. it will be modern imaged based and will be a small two platform station served by East Midlands Trains and the occasional Northern service. i also hope to put in a small yard depending on space. i will get a track plan up as soon as possible.

thanks for looking

• RMweb Premium

Hi Shane

Will be watching with interest.....could i just ask, will it be 4mm or 2mm......come on lets have another nice modern N Gauge layout on the forum cool.gif

Cheers, Anthony

• RMweb Premium

As soon as you mentioned East Midlands Trains i thought of the new Dapal class 156 in that livery.....thats why i thought 2mm, and a lovely model it is too, im still trying to track down an original Provincial Sprinter livery version!! I have the dummy but missed out on the powered one sad.gif But they will be doing a re-run soon

I do not think Hornby have or have made plans to release one in that livery yet?? But time will tell....

Looking forward to watching the progress of this layout

Cheers, Anthony

• 3 months later...

Look forward to this one, we're on our way to creating Longport station building for our own NStaffs effort.

We have some photos of the station and surrounding area if its any use

cheers

Steve

I have loads of photos taken around Longport dating back to the mid 80's

More recent ones can be found hereNorth Staffs routes

and a youtube video here

Hope these are some use to you.

Hmm...this sounds interesting plus stoke/stafford not being a great deal far away I'll follow with interest

As a brief note the track plan was modified in 2009 with the removal of access to Bradwell down loop which is now just access to the down sidings (The ones with the wagon shuffed over the buffers) via propelling move via Bradwell Down loop north junction. The previous track plan had more operational interest. Do you know which one you have in mind?

Archived