Hornby Magazine & Key Model World

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

Just spotted this today....disappointing.

Your print subscription no longer gives you free access. As a registered user we hope you enjoy reading our articles. To get unlimited access subscribe to Key Model World today. Pick one of our offers below and enter this code

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, walrus said:

Particularly disappointing as it is being applied to existing subscribers like me who took out subscription to the magazine as it included the Key Model World access….

Indeed - I may ended my printed subscription and just pick up the odd copy from the newsagent. Most Keywold stuff seems to trend towards advertising and reviews anyway...plus a lot of irrelevant (to me) non-railway material...

• Agree 1

I flagged this up to Key Publications and they have restored my access to Key Model World until the end of my current subscription.

It seems the issue arises where a subscription has been renewed. In this case the free access is not carried across from the old to the new subscription automatically as they are separate systems.

Full marks to Key for sorting it promptly - worth contacting them if you have the same problem.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, walrus said:

I flagged this up to Key Publications and they have restored my access to Key Model World until the end of my current subscription.

It seems the issue arises where a subscription has been renewed. In this case the free access is not carried across from the old to the new subscription automatically as they are separate systems.

Full marks to Key for sorting it promptly - worth contacting them if you have the same problem.

Thanks for that - Unfortunately I only noticed just as my subscription renewed. Rang them and they'll give me a few months. Subscribers should have been notified anyway but nothing recieved here. I think they've had a lot of complaints but apparently they only did it during Covid as an extra.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

I thought having a digital subscription would give access to the KeyModelWorld media (being as it is the same format) but apparently not.

It depends….. When I took out a one year Hornby Mag digital sub in July there was an offer which included KeyModelWorld for the duration of the subscription. My access disappeared a few weeks ago so I contacted Key. They said this was a mistake on their part and they restored access. Might be worth checking if you took out your sub under the same offer?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, walrus said:

It depends….. When I took out a one year Hornby Mag digital sub in July there was an offer which included KeyModelWorld for the duration of the subscription. My access disappeared a few weeks ago so I contacted Key. They said this was a mistake on their part and they restored access. Might be worth checking if you took out your sub under the same offer?

Thanks, I’ve had my subscription for a few years now……I thought when KeyModelWorld was launched it was included as it asked for my subscription number which I have never had with the digi sub through Pocket Mag online.

• RMweb Premium

Got in touch with key publishing email and no luck but then tried Hornby magazine direct through facebook and got a great response from Richard that he would sort it personally and was very sorry. Can't ask for more than that! As always issues crop up and it's how they sort them that defines them :)

• 4 weeks later...

It says they are doing the Airfix magazine and catalogue deal. I can't see them not doing the Hornby one as well.

The new Airfix 2022 catalogue is available together with the February cover date issue of Airfix Model World, at a special price, in more than 300 branches each of WH Smith and Tesco. This combo will save you £4! Alternatively visit shop.keypublishing.com to order the bundle or catalogue for delivery direct to your door.

• Informative/Useful 1

Key is offering the Hornby 2022 Catalogue to subscribers at £6.99 inc. postage.

The February issue was in W H Smith in Kingston on Tuesday but I have not yet received my copy.

My local WHS did not have the magazine today but it did have the Hornby catalogue.

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Farang said:

Key is offering the Hornby 2022 Catalogue to subscribers at £6.99 inc. postage.

The February issue was in W H Smith in Kingston on Tuesday but I have not yet received my copy.

My local WHS did not have the magazine today but it did have the Hornby catalogue.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there were plenty of catalogues left over at my local WHS after this month's Hornby magazine disappears. After all, what's the point in paying good money for a catalogue which showcases models that might not even be available at any model shops in the area?

Edit:  More to the point, even if all these models were to appear in your local preferred model shop, I wonder how many people would actually be able to afford a lot of the quoted prices.

Edited by Huw Griffiths
Edited due to omission in original post.
  • Like 1

While making my weekly Tesco home delivery order today I checked it the Hornby / Catalogue order was available through this means. Bizarrely what actually came up as an offer was £4 off if I bought two copies of the magzine.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, MyRule1 said:

While making my weekly Tesco home delivery order today I checked it the Hornby / Catalogue order was available through this means. Bizarrely what actually came up as an offer was £4 off if I bought two copies of the magzine.

You can keep one in the freezer…..

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a copy of the Hornby catalogue from Key on 12th January and received confirmation of my order. It has still not been delivered and I've had no response to my e-mail to customer services, quoting the order number and asking if there is a problem. Fortunately I paid by Paypal.

Is anyone else in the same limbo?

Edit - Ending up ringing them and finally got through to the customer help line. A copy had been dispatched but had not arrived, so a replacement was issued and arrived within a couple of days. As it's in a clear poly wrapper no doubt someone fancied the contents... hope they enjoy their model railway catalogue :read:

Edited by Pint of Adnams
Updated

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...