Bachmann Winter 2021 updates inc. 009 Double Fairlie announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, aaron3820 said:

no ganging up on Bachmann for bringing out a loco already announced by another company?

must be a Hornby thing

In fairness they are about to deliver the model which shows it must have been under development for years before . The issue with Hornby is it was always dubious as to when they started such projects as Terrier and Generic 4 wheelers in comparison to others , which is what attracted criticism. 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Funny 1

21 hours ago, GordonC said:

More Class 90s and 150s are excellent

Yes, looking forward to them. After being initially sceptical about Bachmann dispensing with the yearly catalogue and raft of announcements, I have to say I am a complete convert to the way they announce their new products quarterly. For a start, you get to see an advanced prototype/preproduction of the model itself rather than a CGI, and then there’s only 3 months to wait if you see something you like, which you can be pretty sure is an accurate delivery timescale as production is so far advanced. Top marks Bachmann! :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, aaron3820 said:

no ganging up on Bachmann for bringing out a loco already announced by another company?

must be a Hornby thing

Hornby have more of a track record of it that you start to question the 'co-incidence' and announce with a picture rather than something more advanced like an engineering prototype

6 minutes ago, GordonC said:

Hornby have more of a track record of it that you start to question the 'co-incidence' and announce with a picture rather than something more advanced like an engineering prototype

‘Oops we did it again.’ :blush:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Past tense, it is looking a lot better now as of earlier this year

90048 at Manningtree

I had expected to see this livery in this raft of announcements.  Probably just as well that they held off for a bit longer to give the bank account a chance to catch its breath!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

The Fairlies look lovely!

But I just love the notion of a 'low relief toilet!'

8 hours ago, John B said:

Urinals only. No cubicles..... "le pissoir"....

Incidentally, for those who like to know the origins of their ready-to-plonk buildings, Bachmann's low-relief bog is an absolute ringer for the derelict set on Wolsey Road in Coalville , near the entrance to the former BR  Mantle Lane Depot. Not much relief there either....

Edited by Invicta
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Mooresby said:

I had expected to see this livery in this raft of announcements.  Probably just as well that they held off for a bit longer to give the bank account a chance to catch its breath!

Yes, I'd have much preferred this to either they announced, but I expect they might wait for it to have more time to be relevant to people before doing it?

• Like 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Incidentally, for those who like to know the origins of their ready-to-plonk buildings, Bachmann's low-relief bog is an absolute ringer for the derelict set on Wolsey Road in Coalville , near the entrance to the former BR  Mantle Lane Depot. Not much relief there either....

There's a good chance it is that. A nod back to Palitoy days.

I was just playing the audio when the announcement video was playing and had a juvenile chuckle when Juicy Pears greengrocers was announced.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/11/2021 at 17:32, Dunsignalling said:

The lack of any all-new steam era OO wagons is striking. Have there been any since the anchor-mount tank wagon, which must be three years ago?

Might have been an idea to grab the riveted 16T mineral diagrams before Accurscale do....

John

I noticed this as well, John.  There are some gaps in the coverage, notably a proper GW open that is not a china clay wagon, and people keep asking for RTR Iron Minks, but to be fair Bachmanns' steam era wagon range is pretty good in general (we'll conveniently overlook the LMS cattle wagon and it's appearance in spurious liveries), and new items would probably have to be drawn from the early grouping or pre-grouping era and run foul of not being suitable for BR livery or use in the blue diesel era.  I would, however, like to see an early BR built unfitted open in unpainted plain wood livery, something very characteristic of that era and, TTBOMK. only ever done by Dapol in 7mm.

But I think it might be time to start to accept that those of us who remember BR working steam are starting to thin out a bit, and that the market will naturally 'move on' with regard to the periods layouts are set in, as we kick our respective buckets.  Bachmann may well be thinking that it is probably a bit late in the day to be extending steam era ranges, and they may not be the only ones who are thinking like this.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Are the spring 2022 announcements tomorrow? If so anyone know the time it wil lbe?

At a sensible one, Andy can have a lie in safe in the knowledge there will be no shenanigans associated with this set of announcements.

There might even be something for me in it!!!!