Multiple privacy notifications

• RMweb Premium

Over the past 5 minutes I have received 4 privacy / how we use your data notifications. All of these have been on the same visit and have appeared on different pages.

Make that 6 times now. 

Edited by Kris
  • Agree 1

• Moderators

I logged out, cleared RMweb cookies and browsing history, logged in again and I've not seen them again yet. Looks like a bag of broken cookies is the issue.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I logged out, cleared RMweb cookies and browsing history, logged in again and I've not seen them again yet. Looks like a bag of broken cookies is the issue.

Having tried that, the frequency is diminished but they're not eliminated.  Should I pick it up and shake it? ^_^

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Tried that too, but it made no difference that I could tell. Still get the message everytime I click on a topic unfortunately.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Afraid this hasn’t worked (at all) on my device: iPad running software version 14.8, sorry.  All cookies and browsing history cleared before logging back in, but more Privacy notifications than before, I’m afraid.  They are hiding the ads though…

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I had this late yesterday for a while, then it just stopped. Back this morning. Sometimes happens with every click/page change. Across all devices I tried, phone, tablet, laptop, or Windows/Apple/Android.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, RAF96 said:

Getting to be a tad annoying.

As is coming back to the topic in case anyone has experienced anything other than has already been noted. It's being worked on.

• RMweb Premium
On 04/11/2021 at 08:24, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Afraid this hasn’t worked (at all) on my device: iPad running software version 14.8, sorry.  All cookies and browsing history cleared before logging back in, but more Privacy notifications than before, I’m afraid.  They are hiding the ads though…

Looks to be sorted - hasn’t appeared at all today.  Thank you to @AY Mod and the team for responding to this.  Keith.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to report that I, too, am having this issue across multiple devices despite doing as Andy suggests and clearing cookies etc.

Noting this here as a “me to” and to alert Andy and team that it is not yet sorted. I am sure it will be, in time…

Now, has anybody has issues with the text editor when posting to RMWeb, with slow downs, freezes etc? (Is that a collective groan I hear?)

Steve S