Links to latest content not working

For the last few days the links to the latest content have not been working. Rather than linking to the last post on  thread they are linking to the first post on the thread. The URL would appear to be incomplete as it just includes the address of the thread, omits the post number. This would appear to be a server error, but it might be that Firefox is stripping off the end of the URL.

1 hour ago, goldfish said:

For the last few days the links to the latest content have not been working. Rather than linking to the last post on  thread they are linking to the first post on the thread. The URL would appear to be incomplete as it just includes the address of the thread, omits the post number. This would appear to be a server error, but it might be that Firefox is stripping off the end of the URL.

Not seen that issue here using Firefox 94.01 on desktop pc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Not seen that issue here using Firefox 94.01 on desktop pc.

Thank you for that. I am using Firefox for Ubuntu 94.0 on 2 desktop PC's, and Firefox 78.15.0esr on Debian on a laptop and get the same error.

I have tried both accepting all cookies, and rejecting all cookies, but it has no effect.

Michael

Edited by goldfish

I still have this error, and it is still present on all three of my machines. This is the only site where URL's are being truncated, but it is not happening across the board.

For instance the link to the latest post on this tread from the Forum Rules, Notices, Faults & Help menu is  truncated :

www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/168308-links-to-latest-content-not-working/

But if I go to my profile the link is not truncated :

www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/168308-links-to-latest-content-not-working/&do=findComment&comment=4637465

For some reason the URL's on some pages are being truncated at the ampersand. Most puzzling, and very annoying.

Michael

3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Digging into it the issue seems to follow a software version update this week. It will mean wait for a bug fix update unless I can find a workaround.

Looking at the page source and scripts, it looks like an attribute is missing from the links in the menu pages.

The menu pages have :

<li class="ipsType_light">
<a href="https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/168308-links-to-latest-content-not-working/" title="Go to last post" class="ipsType_blendLinks">

The Profile page has :

<li class='ipsType_light ipsType_medium'>
<a rel="nofollow" href='https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/168308-links-to-latest-content-not-working/&amp;do=findComment&amp;comment=4639403' class='ipsType_blendLinks'>

The class 'ipsType_medium' is defined in root_framework.js, and has the property <a href='#' data-action='loadNewPosts'>.

It looks more like an error in the template rather than a software error.

Also the rel="nofollow" attribute would appear to be missing from the profile pages.

Michael

Edited by goldfish
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Such an error would have come within the update.

I’m really not one to complain because the forum is absolutely excellent. But (and you knew that was coming…). For some reason when I click on ‘Content I Posted In’ on my iPhone it just freezes and then gives me an error message.

Is this just due to things still bedding down then?

Any advice would be much appreciated as it’s a function that I find very useful.

• Agree 1