Macclesfield Model Railway Group Exhibition - March 2022

BigAndy

Hello all,

Time is marching on and Christmas is nearly upon us (where did that go?) and subsequently, the New Year.

Therefore, I'm now presenting the first information for our Annual show that everyone knows so well.

Venue:  Tytherington High School, Manchester Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire. SK10 2EE

When:   26th and 27th March 2022

Times:   10am to 5pm Saturday 26th

10am to 4.30pm Sunday 27th

Venue is wheelchair friendly and all on one level, bar the stage in one hall, but can be accessed by request via a steward. The venue has Free Parking and there will be the Usual 'Big Red Vintage Bus' running from Macclesfield Railway Station ( Station has frequent Pendolino and Northern Services ) and various pick ups along the route to the venue, at regular intervals - this bus is free to use!

One of the worst kept secrets on the Exhibition Circuit is our Canteen area, where you can rest weary bones and take advntage of the fantastic array of hot and cold food available, both days.

Full details of layouts and Traders attending will follow soon, but there will be the usual wide range of Trade support and 18 layouts ( a very good number considering we are a provincial show )

cheers for now

Andy

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can now bring you further details regarding the Macclesfield Exhibition in March of 2022:

Venue:  Tytherington High School, Manchester Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire. SK10 2EE

When:   26th and 27th March 2022

Times:   10am to 5pm Saturday 26th

10am to 4.30pm Sunday 27th

Price:    Adults £8.00, Accompanied Children (u 16) *FREE* (maximum of two children per adult)

** Please note, for the first time this year, we will be accepting card payments on the 

door AS WELL as Cash for entrance to the show **

Venue is wheelchair friendly and all on one level, bar the stage in one hall, but can be accessed by request via a steward. The venue has Free Parking and there will be the Usual 'Big Red Vintage Bus' running from Macclesfield Railway Station ( Station has frequent Pendolino and Northern Services ) and various pick ups along the route to the venue, at regular intervals - this bus is free to use!

One of the worst kept secrets on the Exhibition Circuit is our Canteen area, where you can rest weary bones and take advantage of the fantastic array of hot and cold food available, both days.

For more information:

https://www.macclesfieldmrg.org.uk

Email: queries@macclesfieldmrg.org.uk

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/macclesfieldmrg

Layouts attending:

Bewdley - OO gauge GWR/Western Region 1958-69 by Graham Heald and Chris Manners.

Blackbrook Halt - OO gauge Micro by Gary Hinson

Bucks Lane *NEW* - large OO gauge, 1960's BR Steam by Mark Towers

Calstock's Halton Quay - 7mm Narrow Gauge by Chris Peacock

Derwenthorpe - *NEW* OO gauge end to end by Phil Mason

Franklin Falls NH - American HO, Ray O'Neill's latest beauty and new to the circuit

Foxhampton - OO gauge end to end, Modern Diesels and Units by Hugh Williams

Furka Oberalp - Swiss Metre gauge, 8ft tall and has to be seen to be believed! by Ian Edwards

Great White River Navigation, Extraction and Steam Packet Company - On30 but 1/48th Scale to represent 30" Narrow Gauge by Raven Miniatures.

Gresty Lane - 3mm, BR mid 60's to early 70's by Jim Barry and Dave Wheelton

Headingly - N gauge roundy, roundy 1955-60 by Ian Morris

Hillport Goods - *NEW* 7mm O gauge, late 70's/early 80's by Steve Farmer

Jennings Wharf - 7mm Micro by Keith Hayward

Loch Dour - OO gauge 70's/80's BR Diesels by Kev Pearson

St Ettienne-en-Caux - French 009 by Charles Insley

Tan-Yr-Alt - 009 Welsh Narrow gauge practice

Tony's Forrest - O14 7mm Narrow gauge by Robin Edwards

Zeedijk - *NEW* Dutch HO gauge, large roundy, roundy by Phil Colton

Traders:

Junction Box,  J S Models,  North Western Models,  JAVmar ( New to the circuit and offering a Respray/Detailing and Weathering service along with Digital Artwork),  Squires Tools,  SMTF (New and Second hand stock ),  ABC Models,  Country Park Models,  High Lane Models, EBMA ( lasercut desk tidies and storage options ), Leigh Models

Demonstrators:

James Venables - 4mm Diesel Detailing/conversions, Mark Henshaw - 2mm projects and a board from his latest creation.

This list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change between now and the exhibition. Please check regularly!

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

As we're well into January now and February is knocking hard at the door, I thought i'd share this years Poster and Bus Timetable.

The Bus us FREE from anywhere you choose to get on. You can park anywhere in Macclesfieldd you like and then hop on the Bus at any recognised stop - so long as its along the route the Bus takes of course.......:locomotive:

So here you are then, the poster and Bus timetable.

cheers

Andy

A4 Poster Macc Show 2022 Border  V01 (2).jpg

Bus Timetable.jpg

I would just like to add, that the Macclesfield Club's shop has recently taken control of a very, VERY large collection of 4mm Stock.

The vast majority of this stock has never even been out of its box, never mind run.

As it is classed as second hand though, we are going to be selling this collection off at EXTREMELY good prices!

We have a plethora of 4mm Steam Locos ( Bachmann, Hornby etc etc ), Diesel Locos ( Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol, Heljan ), Coaches and Wagons that you just have to see to believe - spanning the eras of between 1960's to the 1990's.

Its worth the admission fee alone to be able to see this collection ( which wouldnt disgrace a fair size Model Shop - and I am not joking )

If you want to bag a bargain, you'll need to get in there as we're kind of expecting something similar to the Bachmann Seconds Scrum on the morning of each day at Warley - seriously, there's that much of it to be had.

We dont know yet if we'll have enough room for it all at the show, but the full collection can be seen in the Catalogue that Mike, our Club Shop proprietor, has put together and will be available to be perused over at our Clubrooms.

If anyone wants to come up to our clubrooms at any point to see this catalogue, just let us know before hand to ensure there's a copy for you to look at.

cheers

Andy

Edited by BigAndy
Spelling mistake

• 4 weeks later...

We are now just a few weeks away from the Macclesfield exhibition.

If I say so myself, there are some beautiful examples of modelling that will be on show. Attached is a photo of Gary Hinson's magnificent 'Blackbrook Halt'.

I will attach further taster photos of other layouts attending over the next few weeks.

cheers

Andy

Blackbrook Halt.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, long island jack said:

Looking forward to the show in March and may be a few sherbets after the show!!

CSC_0021.JPG.32dcb2de441654631206e133d6785754.JPG

Very much looking forwards to seeing this ‘in the flesh’ - along with a couple of Narrow Gauge Layouts from members of the Merseyside and North West Group of the 009 Society.

It helps that this Show is the same weekend as Mothering Sunday - I can drop the family off to visit my m-i-l who lives in Macc, and then attend the show: everybody wins and it’s easy to set aside the date in the diary (in our case the Saturday, due to regular Sunday commitments).  I’ll make sure I say “Hello!” if everything works out, Keith.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I recall correctly, Macclesfield was the last event held in 2020 before the curtain came down on exhibitions. So by staging a 2022 show it has become one of a tiny number of events that only lost 1 year as a result of the pandemic!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, long island jack said:

Thanks to Andy and all his helpers for another good weekend, though did seem a little quiet at times and sadly the food wasn't as good as the previous years i've exhibited.

Was delighted to see Franklin Falls at the exhibition and to meet Long Island Jack in person - the layout lived up to expectations.  Afraid I can’t comment on the food - but the selection of layouts was very good and it was most enjoyable.

5 hours ago, andyman7 said:

If I recall correctly, Macclesfield was the last event held in 2020 before the curtain came down on exhibitions. So by staging a 2022 show it has become one of a tiny number of events that only lost 1 year as a result of the pandemic!

Indeed - it was very quiet in 2020 though, as many people were already stepping back from things (but this also meant it felt quite safe there, as it was easy to keep to a distance).  I don’t get to many exhibitions, but I find this one well worth the trip.  Thanks to all involved.