A Q about Railway Modeller subscription

stewartingram

Early this week I went on to the RM website and ordered a 6 month subscription to the magazine.(Paper copy + digital + archive). It seemed to go ok, the checkout said my order was in & they would contact me with further details. I've received no conformation email from them, in fact nothing. Is this normal?  Yesterday I even saw the Dec edition in Tesc;o; the checkout said they would contact me when it was despatched.

I'm not worried if it comes late, I just wondered if this is the normal way they work. I accept it might be that the subscription takes time to get established, before they dispatch. Also I have no 'membership number' or whatever, nor instructions of how to view the digital copy or archive. A little guidance would be useful, thanks.

Stewart.

I suspect something has gone wrong here. I would expect a confirmation email and you should get the posted copy a few days before it appears on news-stands. Also, as above, they are pleasant and helpful when required.

• Thanks 1

I either never got (I’m pretty certain) or accidentally junked (making allowance for poor memory) the email, and never got a digital access number, so I contacted them by email and they sent me a ‘voucher code’ access number.

The first paper mag did take a while to materialise, but after that it has been on or before publication date.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Each time I've redone a 6mth subscription I've had a text message confirmation. Then much later a snail mail letter with subscription details and numbers etc. Sometimes I get a follow up email to say it's been dispatched near publication of the first issue (IIRC) So does sound like something's gone awry.

All's well that ends well as they say, though not 'quite' ended yet. They responded to my email this afternoon. I got my code to access the digital copies (including the archive), and they say the paper copy has been sent. Well done Peco; though a quick (automated?) response to the checkout order would have been nice, it's sort of expected these days. Not complaining though.

As an aside, can one search the archive for a particular article? I haven't had time to look properly yet. Basically I've spent most of this year going through the entire RM collection that I have (except for 2 early ones, the reason I've signed up), scanning articles of interest. This makes them easier to access rather than scavenging in the loft! Yesterday I found one of the scans has the end of the article missing, from that irritating period when they would put the bulk of the article together, with the last part 'continued on page xxx'. I missed that bit!