Model Rail Scotland 2022

arran

8 hours ago, arran said:

HI All

If you are attending the show as an exhibitor / or doing stewarding or trader you dont need a covid passport as you as classed as a contractor .

Printouts of your vaccinations is acceptable.

Regards Arran 

Seems odd that “contractors” don’t need a Covid passport?  And therefore they could potentially be more likely to have Covid, and hence pass it on to visitors!  

Can’t the AMRSS require exhibitors/stewards/traders to have a Covid passport?

6 hours ago, 26power said:

Seems odd that “contractors” don’t need a Covid passport?  And therefore they could potentially be more likely to have Covid, and hence pass it on to visitors!  

Not getting into a debate on whats is or is not required , Just informing on what the rules currently are .

Regards Arran

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, arran said:

Not getting into a debate on whats is or is not required , Just informing on what the rules currently are .

Regards Arran

Arran

With respect, the gentleman makes a perfectly good observation.  If your comment is representative of the AMRSS organising committee then this needs to be clarified - regardless of not wishing to get into debates.

I will be there with my wife, and I would imagine that many others on here will be concerned that there appears to be a suggestion that every exhibitor and stand have been excluded from conforming with the expectations placed on paying visitors.

I think that some answers from someone in authority should be provided as to what is going on. 

Paying visitors surely deserve to know what situation they will be in during the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 26power said:

Vaccinated people are just as capable of carrying and passing on Covid.

Unvaccinated people are more likely to be more ill from Covid though, so being out amongst a large crowd of people I think it is they who should be more fearful than those who are fully vaccinated.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Science would beg to differ:

Imperial College "Fully vaccinated people can contract and pass on COVID-19 in the home, but at lower rates than unvaccinated people."

New Scientist "People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others"

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

36 minutes ago, 70000 Britannia said:

Arran

With respect, the gentleman makes a perfectly good observation.  If your comment is representative of the AMRSS organising committee then this needs to be clarified - regardless of not wishing to get into debates.

I will be there with my wife, and I would imagine that many others on here will be concerned that there appears to be a suggestion that every exhibitor and stand have been excluded from conforming with the expectations placed on paying visitors.

I think that some answers from someone in authority should be provided as to what is going on. 

Paying visitors surely deserve to know what situation they will be in during the day.

All checks required are being done by the SEC .

Regards Arran

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, arran said:

All checks required are being done by the SEC .

Regards Arran

Sorry but that does not explain why you are setting different rules for contractors and visitors.  Those who have exhibited will know full well that they have a team of operators so that they get a break and in that break the "contractor" becomes a visitor - toilet necessities, getting a coffee, looking at other layouts, mixing with everyone else.

But thank you for helping me with an agonising decision.  I will not be flying in, staying with relatives and going to your exhibition.

Maybe next year

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Less likely and lower rates still means capable of, clearly the viral load will be less in a vaccinated person but it's still possible to pass it on.

• Like 1

Just now, Andy Hayter said:

Sorry but that does not explain why you are setting different rules for contractors and visitors.  Those who have exhibited will know full well that they have a team of operators so that they get a break and in that break the "contractor" becomes a visitor - toilet necessities, getting a coffee, looking at other layouts, mixing with everyone else.

But thank you for helping me with an agonising decision.  I will not be flying in, staying with relatives and going to your exhibition.

Maybe next year

Like i said we don't set the rules  only abide by them.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

15 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Less likely and lower rates still means capable of, clearly the viral load will be less in a vaccinated person but it's still possible to pass it on.

Vaccinated people can still pass the virus on, but this is much less likely than with unvaccinated people - which is not what you suggested in your original post. Please do not scaremonger.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Vaccinated people can still pass the virus on, but this is much less likely than with unvaccinated people - which is not what you suggested in your original post. Please do not scaremonger.

I'm not scaremongering, there are people on here who wont go because they fear unvaccinated people may be exhibiting, all I was pointing out was that unvaccinated have as much to fear if not more than the vaccinatated visitors who have covid passes.  Whether or not there will actually be any unvaccinated people exhibiting is another matter.

I'm booked, have my covid pass and mask and will be attending, I also intend to be at Doncaster and may do Ally Pally as well.

• Like 2

The requirements for exhibitors and customers at events in the SECC will be set by the SECC.  Modelrail Scotland will have no say on what restrictions to apply, they can only pass on what the SECC's requirements are.  The full set of requirements for visitors can be found on the SECC website but those for exhibitors must be elsewhere.  I suspect that a negative LFD test by exhibitors on each day of the exhibition will be the minimum  but I don't know that for definite.  Precautions in Scotland are likely to be more stringent than in other parts of the UK.

Roddy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

I'm not scaremongering,

And yet you opened with. 

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

No caveat, I had to provide that with sources showing that vaccinated people are less likely to pass anything on. 

Anyone unvaccinated has made their own decision and are as likely to pick up infection in a supermarket, bus, train, football match or anywhere else there is a crowd, including any model rail show. If they are worried then it's a bigger worry than just this event so there is no need for you to specifically mention it in this thread. We have general Covid threads for that sort of thing. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

To clarify on previous posts.

The rules being followed at the event will be the current (at the time of the show) Scottish Government guidelines and will be implemented by SEC staff on entry to the venue buildings.

An overview of the current guidelines for event organisers can be found below.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/overview/

We will also be keeping the Model Rail Scotland website updated with the most up to date info on the requirements for entry for our visitors.

https://modelrail-scotland.co.uk/

The information Arran has posted regarding exhibitors comes from the above government guidance, our exhibitors will all be issued with guidelines about their responsibilities at the event.

Craig (on behalf of the organising team).

Edited by Craig Watson
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Craig Watson said:

To clarify on previous posts.

The rules being followed at the event will be the current (at the time of the show) Scottish Government guidelines and will be implemented by SEC staff on entry to the venue buildings.

An overview of the current guidelines for event organisers can be found below.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/overview/

We will also be keeping the Model Rail Scotland website updated with the most up to date info on the requirements for entry for our visitors.

https://modelrail-scotland.co.uk/

The information Arran has posted regarding exhibitors comes from the above government guidance, our exhibitors will all be issued with guidelines about their responsibilities at the event.

Craig (on behalf of the organising team).

Thanks to Craig and Arran for posting this information.  Given the typical age profile of railway modellers, I suspect that I am not alone in weighing up the risks of attending.  Given that the SEC will apply the national (Scottish) requirements for visitors - vaccine passport and masks - my personal decision was that it would be sufficiently safe to attend this event, despite it being the most busy/crowded place that I will have been for the last two years.  However, if a significant minority of those present - traders, exhibitors and stewards - are exempted, do I still want to attend?

The current requirements say that "workers or volunteers or otherwise engaged in carrying out a service at the venue or event" are exempted from the requirements, but also that event organisers must have a compliance plan. Could AMRSS confirm that stewards and traders etc will also follow the passport / mask requirements?  That will make the situation clearer for everybody well in advance and also mean that more people  are likely to decide to attend.

• Like 3

May I ask if anyone is planning to make a YOUTUBE style video at Glasgow? My layout has appeared in several YOUTUBE videos over the years and as I/we have made so many changes/improvements during lockdown that I would really appreciate there being an updated video so that I can send a link out to exhibition managers.

If anyone reading this is planning to make a YOUTUBE style video at Glasgow please do speak to us at the time or even send me a PM now and we will happily change things around for you so as to maximise the impact.

Many thanks

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've been asked to post the below on behalf of Ian Porteous, the Model Rail Scotland exhibition manager.

All matters relating to the ongoing public health emergency is a constantly changing situation for event organisers such as ourselves.

Discussion of such matters on public forums is less than constructive for organisers, visitors and exhibitors as it creates an environment where mixed messages can be given some of which could be out of date or not applicable to the Scottish version of the rules.

The best way for anyone who is planning to attend the event as a visitor, is to visit the Model Rail Scotland website where the up to date rules are posted along with the link to the SEC website where details on how they will be managing matters is also given.

Anyone who is participating as an exhibitor i.e. working on a layout or a trade stand will receive the up to date rules on what is applicable to exhibitors via the online Exhibitor Information system which will be issued to them on or about the 5th of February.

Model Rail Scotland is one the first major non- commercially organised exhibitions to take place in the UK since the relaxation of rules occurred back in August 2020 which has been an eventual journey for myself and the team.

I would ask that any forum members who intend to come along as visitors and those who will be involved in the event as exhibitors check the situation relating to their status in the manner outlined above.

Regards

Ian Porteous

Exhibition Manager

Model Rail Scotland

Edited by Craig Watson
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

May I ask if anyone is planning to make a YOUTUBE style video at Glasgow? My layout has appeared in several YOUTUBE videos over the years and as I/we have made so many changes/improvements during lockdown that I would really appreciate there being an updated video so that I can send a link out to exhibition managers.

If anyone reading this is planning to make a YOUTUBE style video at Glasgow please do speak to us at the time or even send me a PM now and we will happily change things around for you so as to maximise the impact.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

It may be worth contactiong @DaveClass47 who runs the excellent Dean Park Station youtube channel as he usually does good youtube review videos of the show.

We also have our own youtube channel for the show so could look at doing something with that.

Craig

Edited by Craig Watson
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just wondering if someone can confirm whether negative test 24 hours prior is also fine for entry or is it vaccine passports only?

Only asking as a little confused as seems to be conflicting information on this (Based on the current guidelines) as Model Rail Scotland website would suggest its passports only but the SECC  / Gov.scot websites suggests Negative test 24 hours prior are also fine instead of a vaccine passport?

• RMweb Gold
On 25/01/2022 at 14:14, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I will be there, and I hope to take some video for my YouTube channel - I wasnt necessarily thinking of filming every layout, but I can make sure I include yours - which is it?

Hello John

Mine is a large Chinese HO layout and it has several unique and/or unusual features - none of which have ever featured in a YOUTUBE, partly I think because viewers don't know that they are about to happen and so they get missed.

We would be only too pleased to talk you through these 'features' so that you don't miss them.

Our one real USP is the double banked coal train - three 2-8-2's on just 11 coal cars and 100% authentic as it heads off up a 1/30 gradient, based on the CHENGDE steelworks system. Here is a test run we set up in my shed, but the train cannot continue off stage because I can only get half the layout up in my shed.

There are many other features like a 3D printed version of me who gets out of his taxi to photograph steam trains at the level crossing, again this is a test run in my shed, but again at shows most people miss it and it hasn't featured in any YOUTUBE video - yet.

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

5 hours ago, RJennings said:

Just wondering if someone can confirm whether negative test 24 hours prior is also fine for entry or is it vaccine passports only?

Only asking as a little confused as seems to be conflicting information on this (Based on the current guidelines) as Model Rail Scotland website would suggest its passports only but the SECC  / Gov.scot websites suggests Negative test 24 hours prior are also fine instead of a vaccine passport?

5 hours ago, RJennings said:

Hi there, we are sorry for the confusion but as of tonight our website will mirror the SEC one and Negative lateral flows will be accepted for entry as per Sg current guidelines. 

Model Rail Scotland Management team

• Like 1