"Content I posted" in returns 524 error

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just found the same problem today. Going to 'view new content' works OK but 'activity - my activity streams - content I posted in' times out with an error 524.

Dave

PS - same result with PC, laptop and iPad.

Edited by Dave Hunt

Another ~ for what it's worth~ from here, it has been doing that for a couple of weeks.  I don't get the Error from other sites, so it appears that it is RMWeb specific.

There is also a small video-like rectangle which appears at the lower right, calling it'self "Player".  The Player clicks off easily enough, but appears again every time a new page is opened.  The content doesn't seem to relate to anything in particular, except that it must be taking up space in the download.

Thank you Andy, it's good to have the route available again.

Is there any information on the "Player" that keeps inviting it'self into the right hand lower corner of the screen?  It doesn't seem to have any identifiable purpose as yet, but similar to many pop-up adverts in appearance, so a possible trial?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Is there any information on the "Player" that keeps inviting it'self into the right hand lower corner of the screen?  It doesn't seem to have any identifiable purpose as yet, but similar to many pop-up adverts in appearance, so a possible trial?

That element has been covered at length in 5he Advertising topic. The player shows random irrelevant clips as a placeholder until an ad is served.

Thank you Andy, I will go and have a look there.

One of the reasons I mentioned it, is the "random irrelevant" nature of the clips, which then take a few moments to remove.  As they claim place, on top of the page which was navigated to, they might also be considered an unnecessary distraction.  Hardly life threatening, but how many times does someone swat the persistent fly, before moving to another seat?

• Moderators
Just now, Dave Hunt said:

It's doing it again on all my devices - error 524 when I try to go to content I posted in. Rats!

Dave

What's your internet service provider please Dave? 

• RMweb Gold

I too have been having this issue for quite a while.  I have tried reducing the period being assessed to 7 days as suggested in a different thread, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm using Sky ;)

Edited by 55020

On 01/12/2021 at 22:29, AY Mod said:

That shoves my theory back a bit as I use that, 3 and O2's network and haven't been able to replicate it.

Same issue with me Andy, and I’m on EE and currently using Virgin WiFi. 

I had this problem. I just tried it again and it now loads (sometimes - it’s still a bit slow though) but to get anything I have to change from the default ‘last 30 days’ to ‘last 90 days’, which is weird as some of the threads show activity less than 30 days ago. Usually on BT WiFi, phone and laptop both have the same issue.