Bachmann spares website

PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium

Parts don't seem to be fully working yet. I just tried to purchase an item but there is no option to add it to a basket. 

Edit - now seems to be working, maybe I was just to fast. 

Apparently you need to spend over £50 on spares to get free postage, otherwise it is £4.00

Edited by Kris
updated info

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, JohnR said:

Basket still not working here. 

Only disappointment is that the loco detailing packs - which seem to vanish - arnt available. 

I had to register, then log out, then log back in to get it to work for me. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This looks a great initiative, I've made a number of calls to Jenni & team over the years for fairly rare bodyshells and odd bits, they seem to be sitting on an absolute bounty of stuff but I would suspect the wider public have no idea you can even buy spares or just put off with a phone number, a web presence should drive up sales!

Very interesting to see some prices of the obscure parts too, I routinely rip out & discard things like cab interior lighting PCBs during my loco makeovers, I had no idea they have a street value of £3 a go! :lol:

Cheers,

James

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Any idea how long it takes the confirmatory email to come through on registering with the site?

Waiting on that myself.

Had a browse and looks good, still looks like quite a lot of inventory to be added, but once its all there this could be very expensive for me !

Really pleased theyve done this.

tapping my email now waiting to rush the store…

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Any idea how long it takes the confirmatory email to come through on registering with the site?

Not got one myself (I registered about 4 hours ago), nor did I get an order conformation email (but I did screen shot the important bits). 

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Waiting on that myself.

Had a browse and looks good, still looks like quite a lot of inventory to be added, but once its all there this could be very expensive for me !

Really pleased theyve done this.

tapping my email now waiting to rush the store…

Try logging out then in again you might be able to get ordering without the email. It worked for me. 

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Kris said:

Try logging out then in again you might be able to get ordering without the email. It worked for me. 

I cant log out because I cannot login in the first place, its not recognised. I’ll give it a bit longer.

i tried a password reset, but it wont let me do it yet. (I assume i’m in a queue).

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I cant log out because I cannot login in the first place, its not recognised. I’ll give it a bit longer.

i tried a password reset, but it wont let me do it yet. (I assume i’m in a queue).

Have you tried logging in with the collectors club login details, that works for me? (I seem to remember seeing photos of you purchases from the members day?)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ryde-on-time said:

Have you tried logging in with the collectors club login details, that works for me? (I seem to remember seeing photos of you purchases from the members day?)

Yes I just tried that.

Its not working either, though when I try password reset its taking me to a page relating to the collectors club..

https://Bachmann-spares.co.uk/account/password-recovery

A few things to check before you continue

If your membership lapsed over 12 months ago, please Register a new membership Click Here

To login with your current membership please enter the same email address you used to originally register in the box below and then click Request password reset. 

Make sure you have immediate access to your email inbox. The reset link we will send to you has a 30 minute lifetime from the time it is sent. Don't worry if you cannot get to use the link within that time - just use password reset at a more convenient time to you.

Why we are asking you to reset your password

The previous incarnation of the Bachmann Collectors Club website stored your password in an encrypted format for security. Your new password will be encrypted - only you will know it. Please use a minimum of 8 characters, any combination of letters and numbers, and we recommend you make it unique. You can then login with your new password, job done!

but it wont let me reset anyway (it errs, I assume it doesn't recognise me).

anyways I went to the BCC club website, 
ive just renewed my collectors club membership as its due end of this month anyway, the BCC website is working fine for me.

But those passwords dont work on the spares site, so it must be a different account.

(i use those super complicated random passwords that no one other than the ipad vault remebers).

There must be an activation thats required, just have to sit tight.

Knock knock…

dRxxJVg.jpg
Help…there’s spares loose on my layout..somebody let me in ! …

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Logging out then in didn't work for me either. I assume the user name is the email address?

My user name was the email address that I used for registration. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

I have not received a confirmation email but can log in and have been able to purchase items. I am not a club member. Is the log in problem only affecting club members?

• RMweb Gold

I still haven't had the email. I tried to log-on like @Kris but to no avail. I tried a password reset and got an email with a link to reset it but the site is asking for an account (name or number??) which I don't have!!

I have sent them a message via the website.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gareth Collier said:

Exactly the same here!

The website has been amended. You need to reset your password again. If you get a reset email then you do have access.  The account box has now disappeared from the reset page. Just enter your email address and new password. then log-in again.

I can now access the site at last!

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2