Bachmann spares website

PaulRhB

11 minutes ago, farren said:

Go on then when did Bachmann do a DMU class 107 in OO. Or has a cat been let out taken from the website

Didn't they release the 108 as a 107 for a limited edition for a retailer a while back?  I'm thinking maybe Harburn Hobbies?

Edited by frobisher
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Yes they did a 108 masquerading as a Strathclyde orange 107 for a Harburn / Model Rail joint limited edition - coincidentally I just “found” mine that I’d forgotten I had - nestling in the empty boxes pile down back of layout. Couldn’t be sure exactly when released but was old style Bach boxes before they moved to more recent style (with polystyrene inserts).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some potentially very useful things available here; well done Bachmann for setting this up, the stuff is easy to find and the prices seem reasonable.  Bodgers and kitbashers of my ilk will find it very useful!  I wish Baccy would sell complete running chassis like they used to; I believe they stopped doing this when they became aware that the likes of me were using 57xx chassis to upgrade Lima 94xx when they wanted to sell their own version, which ended up being subject to all sorts of delays not all of which were Bachmann's or Kader's fault.  The 57xx chassis is also the go-to for improving the old Hornby 2721. 

The 2251 wheelset has potential use for converting a 64xx into a 54xx, though the body might need some surgery to sit at the correct height.

On 16/11/2021 at 13:36, James Makin said:

This looks a great initiative, I've made a number of calls to Jenni & team over the years for fairly rare bodyshells and odd bits, they seem to be sitting on an absolute bounty of stuff but I would suspect the wider public have no idea you can even buy spares or just put off with a phone number, a web presence should drive up sales!

Very interesting to see some prices of the obscure parts too, I routinely rip out & discard things like cab interior lighting PCBs during my loco makeovers, I had no idea they have a street value of £3 a go! :lol:

Cheers,

James

I can't believe the stuff that people say they bin! There is virtually nothing from a loco or carriage that can't be recycled in some way. When you have a few bits, stick them on ebay for 99p start plus postage. You'll get a bit of money and make someone else happy who then doesn't have to go to a scalper charging £20 for the same part :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, andyman7 said:

I can't believe the stuff that people say they bin! There is virtually nothing from a loco or carriage that can't be recycled in some way. When you have a few bits, stick them on ebay for 99p start plus postage. You'll get a bit of money and make someone else happy who then doesn't have to go to a scalper charging £20 for the same part :D

I’ve got loads of bits, but if they go for 99p on eBay the only people that win are ebay , and the post office. Simply ain’t worth my time 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Harburn Hobbies did indeed Commission Bachmann to release the 107 using the 108 Model. 

www.hattons.co.uk - Bachmann Branchline 32-910Z-LN Class 107 3 car DMU in Strathclyde PTE Orange & Grey - Harburn Hobbies Limited Edition - Pre-owned - Like new

Cheers Trailrage

• RMweb Gold

Great initiative Bacchy perhaps Hornby should follow this example, I pay up to 400 dollars for some items only for things to fall off into the carpet monster, some obscure place on the permanent way or just disappearing:angry:, never to be found again, so a service like this is really helpful. I have to say though whenever I have contacted Bacchy direct, Jenni and her people have been more than helpful.

Rgds.....Mike

Edited by ikks
  • Agree 2

On 19/11/2021 at 22:21, rob D2 said:

I’ve got loads of bits, but if they go for 99p on eBay the only people that win are ebay , and the post office. Simply ain’t worth my time 

The art is in the lotting, keywords etc. Better to get rid of a pile in one go then have lots of 99p sales which I agree aren't worth the hassle.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bachmann is manufacturer  offering a spares supply service to the public.

This may be a response to the new "Right to Repair" Act.

The Act is initially for spares for goods such as home appliances, but it is forecast the Act  will extend in scope, I  think a model of a locomotive with a motor and moving parts with an typical ownership  span of several decades should be included under a  "Right to Repair" Act.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/06/new-right-to-repair-laws-introduced-what-do-they-actually-mean-for-you/

Edited by Pandora

On 13/12/2021 at 09:32, woodenhead said:

I thought they'd always offered spares but it was complicated for those not in the know, so the website just makes it easier to buy spares.

Yes, I’ve been using them for years , including new bodies