D-SUB Plug Breakout Board Terminal Adapter,Solderless Connect

PaulWarb

Hello

Maybe not quite the right approach but may I ask first if anyone is familar with using this product - if so I will add a question about wiring them. 

I look forward - hopefully - to hearing from someone.  My question is not complex - just needs someone who understands how to wire this product.

Thanks

Paul

61Hg1fPntML.jpg

15 hours ago, PaulWarb said:

Hello

Maybe not quite the right approach but may I ask first if anyone is familar with using this product - if so I will add a question about wiring them. 

I look forward - hopefully - to hearing from someone.  My question is not complex - just needs someone who understands how to wire this product.

Thanks

Paul

61Hg1fPntML.jpg

That's a brilliant product - not seen those before.  

However I have a simpler solution - I buy a ready-made lead with a socket on one end and a plug on the other.  I cut the lead in the middle then strip and connect the cut end of the cable to whatever on each of the two baseboards or baseboard and panel.  You can do the same with a 25-way printer lead.

Iain is correct to worry about power connections over these, but if you duplicate the connection using two or three of the cores, that's good enough for most purposes.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

For Power connections across boards (or to controllers) I'd use multi-way XLR plugs and sockets. They are dirt cheap (just bought a 10 sockets and 5 plugs, all four way, for less than 20 quid), and designed for Roadies to use day in day out....

Andy G

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, uax6 said:

For Power connections across boards (or to controllers) I'd use multi-way XLR plugs and sockets. They are dirt cheap (just bought a 10 sockets and 5 plugs, all four way, for less than 20 quid), and designed for Roadies to use day in day out....

Andy G

But don't they need soldering ...

• 1 month later...

Hijacking this thread slightly - is it safe to assume that e.g. the 4-pin on the male connector links to the 4-pin on the female - or is  that too obvious. I'm trying to get an led to light but nothing. Before I do some serious investigation I though I'd ask.