Tim Horn baseboards - good product, minor query

Dr.Glum

I am 2/3rds of the way through the enjoyable task of building my first Tim Horn baseboard kit and have a query about the dowel sets. I've drawn a blank looking for info in videos. I think I know what to do, but can someone offer confirmation please?

824348802_03Sortingthelocatorkitparts.JPG.8e38707a7ad42862623b2b6a95d57654.JPG

1. Glue the small backing ply plate against the side panel. (Next time I'll clean away any squeezed out glue from the other joins while it's still liquid so that this plates sits flush. Harder to deal with now.)

2. Glue 1 of the round spacers into the hole to lessen the depth.

3. Screw either the female plate or the male prong onto the spacer (and do the same with the other sort onto the next board).

Anything I've missed?   (I note the price lists in Facebook are unavailable again - I wonder if this means Tim is too busy to accept new orders? I won't contact him until I need to - why interrupt him from making someone else's order?)

Edited by Dr.Glum
To re-insert jpg

Hi,

No, you haven't missed anything, that's what I've done on my 3 boards.

The price list missing probably relates to the fact that wood prices have increased, so it could be that he is reviewing his prices (I don't know this for certain, just an educated guess!)

Simon

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dr.Glum said:

I am 2/3rds of the way through the enjoyable task of building my first Tim Horn baseboard kit and have a query about the dowel sets. I've drawn a blank looking for info in videos. I think I know what to do, but can someone offer confirmation please?

DSC05578.JPG.3108d5f8fe0680d29ca7f50aefd301cd.JPG

1. Glue the small backing ply plate against the side panel. (Next time I'll clean away any squeezed out glue from the other joins while it's still liquid so that this plates sits flush. Harder to deal with now.)

2. Glue 1 of the round spacers into the hole to lessen the depth.

3. Screw either the female plate or the male prong onto the spacer (and do the same with the other sort onto the next board).

Anything I've missed?   (I note the price lists in Facebook are unavailable again - I wonder if this means Tim is too busy to accept new orders? I won't contact him until I need to - why interrupt him from making someone else's order?)

(I note the price lists in Facebook are unavailable again - I wonder if this means Tim is too busy to accept new orders? I won't contact him until I need to - why interrupt him from making someone else's order?)

Exactly the reason. Added to the prices increases in timber.