New hst

jonnyuk

1 hour ago, Adamphillip said:

yeah, I'm a bit perplexed by the show due to the "new" tooling HST but no mention of it elsewhere at the time of the shows release.

Give it a few more days. I suspect they'll mention it in their 2022 announcement along with some more liveries. 

As to who the competition is I'm going to go a bit left field and suggest it's Rails of Sheffield. After the terrier and L&MR wagon saga they'd now like to hit Hornby where it hurts by going after one of their core products!

Edited by scottrains29

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Well it's Hornby or Hornby I think if you're buying new (or recently made).

I'm not massively knowledgeable, so feel free to correct but I should avoid Oxford & Bachmann for Intercity (Swallow) 125 coaches?

Edited by faa77

8 hours ago, faa77 said:

I'm not massively knowledgeable, so feel free to correct but I should avoid Oxford & Bachmann for Intercity (Swallow) 125 coaches?

Bachmann don't make a MK3, Oxfords as already said are for loco hauling (there are a few differences between loco hauled and HST mk3s).

9 hours ago, Adamphillip said:

where as this is like throwing down your entire hand without even a hint of a reason.

Yes, although the "why" may be where the cards are being kept close. I doubt it will have been "announced" just for the sake of having something to say in a TV episode.

All this talk made me dust off my Lima mk3 HST rake, fit the laserglaze windows and fit close couplings. Surely this is enough to guarantee a new Mk3 will be announced… BTW the laserglaze changed these coaches form

toylike to passable IMHO - worth the effort of getting the roof off!

M

• Like 1