Longest RTL OO gauge points

Dagworth

• RMweb Gold

What are to longest in length mass manufactured points in OO gauge? Looking at flat bottom but wooden sleepers. 

Not really looking at custom made-to-order as that would cost me the earth. 

Hand building my own* may be the best option for what I need but just curious if there is anything on the market that will save me time but not cost an arm and a leg. 

*or kits..

Andi

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

What are to longest in length mass manufactured points in OO gauge? Looking at flat bottom but wooden sleepers. 

Hand building my own* may be the best option for what I need but just curious if there is anything on the market that will save me time but not cost an arm and a leg. 

*or kits..

Andi

Tillig do some long points.

I have a catalog somewhere. I'll try and remember to have a look for it tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Roco also do a long radius point (1942mm radius and 344mm long: https://www.roco.cc/en/product/22680-0-0-0-0-0-0-005002-0/products.html

Be aware that both the Roco and TIlilig products are code 83 rail (like the Peco US switches.

That said, I have found that Peco Bullhead track fits quite well with the Roco points.

Also, I have two Roco R/H turnouts for sale in the classifieds right now - so if you want to see one without buying new I am sure we could do a deal?  

Stephen

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You could talk to Wayne Kinney (British Finescale) - he’s doing bullhead semi-kit turnouts, but does flat bottom in N. I’m rather enjoying building them. 

The EV15 is about 300mm in N, so would be nearing 600mm in OO!

51387081546_4204eae27e_b.jpg

Edited by njee20
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, Dagworth said:

*or kits..

Andi

Hi Andi.

We have the Tillig 85346 and 85347 points in stock - as well as quite a few other Tillig trackwork items.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/rh-wide-radius-ho-96-34-degrees-l389mm-r2200mm/

https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/rh-wide-radius-ho-96-34-degrees-l389mm-r2200mm/

Best Regards

The DCCconcepts Team