Resistance soldering units

Fang

• RMweb Premium

An I don't regert buying the Swanage Models one, also an excellent piece of kit (I didn't know it was still in production).  I suspect that in operation the two are very similar and either should do you well.

DT

• Like 1

Didn't know about the Swanage one until I looked it up online and it seems to be the same as the Graskop unit I bought years ago. Used it extensively on 2mm to 7mm nickel silver and brass kits, excellent piece of kit. The only problem I've had was the holder for the bit fell to bits after a few years, made a new one using a coaxial plug as a basis.

Nigel L

I have had a RSU from when the LRM one was first available. I consider it as complementary to my Antex 50W TCU and never build a kit without using it (white metal and plastic models excepted!)

I think the the lRM and Swanage RSUs are very similar in design and construction. The LRM unit was designed by the late Mike Grey, an electrical engineer and lecturer at Watford College. It has been updated over time, including flexible silicon leads, a stainless steel case and improved probe handle. Spare probes/leads and carbon tips are available and a new steel "workplate" (similar to one available some years ago) will hopefully be available soon.

• Informative/Useful 2