Gwr wagon macaw A….help required please

Hi there……I am at present scratchbuilding a macaw A wagon…….all seems to be going well at the moment but I am a bit stumped as to the lettering on the wagon……I have looked at what photos are available, not many that’s for sure, the question I am asking is…..would the wording MACAW. A. have been put on the side of the wagon towards the centre of it, the pictures I have seen suggest not but the majority of macaw wagons do have the wording on the side……if anyone has a photo of the wagon with the said lettering on the side I would be very grateful…….regards…dave brighty…..

• 1 year later...

Reviving this topic rather than start a new one... I have what I now learn is a part complete D & S kit for a Macaw A.   It's lacking the trussing I have seen on photographs and also any trace of brake gear other than D/C handles and V hangers.    Does anyone have the instructions fo rthis kit they might be able to photograph so I can see what I need to scratchbuild?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

There is a photo of 33959 in Model Railway Constructor 1965 October and no Macaw A appears on it. The photo and drawing appears to me as basic in the braking and I suspect is a DC braked vehicle.