N Gauge class 33

Lego Jaeson

Hi. I have a n gauge class 33 after a minutes running it slows down and sometimes comes to a complete stop without me changing the speed. However sometimes it will run fine. It will sometimes get hot. It happens in both directions. Any ideas what can be done to fix it other than returning it. 

Many thanks regards Jaeson

Edited by Lego Jaeson
Update

Hi Steven. Thank you for the reply. It runs on DC no decoder is fitted it also runs the same with the body off. The motor gets hot too after a short run. I ran it just now and the speed was set to 50 on the controller and went to a complete crawl in about 3 minutes. 

Many thanks 

Regards Jaeson

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like resistance is building up somewhere. Can you open it up and try applying power can you remove the motor and apply power to it. Does it still get warm? If so the motor is the problem. 

Hi Kris. Thank you for your reply. Yes I have opened it up and run it like you said and it is still unfortunately the same. I will try and send it back. I have had the same problem with a class 86 and their HST. The 86 had a new chassis and the HST had a new motor. 

Regards Jaeson

• Like 1