Fueling road at Exeter St Davids 1980s?

bootneckbob

Okay, I'm calling on the wealth of experience that exists withing this forum to help me understand which road/s was refueling done on? I always thought it was the far right one next to the diesel tank, lets call that road one for now. I've read elsewhere that it was on the 7th from the right, If the gantry carried fuel I could understand it not being on road one, but does anyone actually know? I'm modelling Exeter late 80s. 

1026673994_20200812ESDBEmainstationmiddle.jpg.2e7197689ba5d8973260cb1d32df7fd4.jpg  

• RMweb Premium

Yes, the shelters are supported by one of the walls of the former shed. The other wall is behind the 50 and tamper, with the chimneys of the adjoining offices, mess rooms etc peeping over the top. This arrangement inspired my Hillside Depot layout, a good few years ago now.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, bootneckbob said:

I've asked about that wagon before. Engineers fuel storage wagon. 

20200116 Engineering fuel storage wagon E.png

The underframe is from a milk tank, there were several of these conversions, they differed one to another but all appear to have been equipped to be able to pump fuel oil. 

This has this entry https://www.departmentals.com/departmental/070882

Although going into conservation has since been destroyed to claim the underframe. :sad_mini:

Paul

• Informative/Useful 2