Black 5 44871 was out and about yesterday.

Black 5 44871 worked a charter train from London Victoria to Bath Spa today so I went to film it at Winchfield which is between Farnborough and Basingstoke.  Curiously, the few photographers present were forbidden from photographing or videoing from the footbridge which is where I, and several others, would normally go.  So I had to go down onto the platform to film it coming in before going up onto the road bridge to film the departure after it had taken on water from a road tanker:

And there she is again at Fleet on the way back to London:

Hope you like them.

TTFN,

Ron.

• Like 5

On 01/12/2021 at 09:11, ejstubbs said:

Nice footage, though the opening titles could have been a bit less obtrusive (just my opinion).

The lamps on the loco's buffer beam seem to be flickering.  Are they meant to be flashing, or are they LED lamps which strobe when videoed?

I sometimes put the title on a separate blank background, but that makes the video a bit longer.  I don't understand the flickering effect of lights; I sometimes find that signal lamps do the same thing.

The 'Black 5' was out again this morning, so so was I.  The rain was just starting as it passed through Farnborough Main:

(The warm up acts are a couple of SWR trains, so don't think I've uploaded the wrong video!)

TTFN,

Ron.