Military Vehicles .. 1/76 ?

Does anyone know where can i get UK camouflage Artillery guns from the 80s? M110, M109, M107 and Abbot. Tracked Rapier and towed Rapier, MLRS ? Even a Drone on the back of a bedford(Locating Battery/Regt) Thanks in advance

Nick

• RMweb Premium

Hi Nick,

There's some 1/72 out there though it's mostly MBTs and APCs; if you're careful about how you pose it, you'll be fine.  As for guns, I think JB Models did a 105mm air-portable job however I don't think it was one of the ones rereleased by Airfix.  It may be worth searching on eBay, etc.

It may also be worth asking on the Airfix Tribute Forum too.

Good luck.

Alex.

JB for the 105mm gun, FC Landover and Bedford 4 tonner, not sure which of those ended up with Airfix. 

M109 -Revell 1/72

AS90 - Trumpeter 1/72

The following are all 1/72 and (I believe) out of production but here goes:

Bedford TL (build your own drone) BW Models, whitemetal. 

Towed Rapier, Landrovers of all shapes and sizes, Leyland DAF DROPS- Continental Model Supply Co (CMSC), resin, and top quality. 

Edited by Wheatley

Hi Nick.

You might try looking for a magazine called Combat Vehicles that was out quite  few years ago on Ebay. Do a search for daegostini combat vehicles. The first thing that came up for me was a MCV-80 warrior. Also you can look for a company on Ebay called Eagle Moss. They do loads of armoured vehicles for all ages.

Edited by cypherman

• RMweb Gold

Try S&S Models of Burnham-on-Sea. They have a good selection of post-WW2 AFVs, guns & softskins. I have quite a few of their products from 20 years ago when I was into painting wargames figures and small scale military modelling. Their products are 1/72, but they stock some 1/76th by other manufacturers. Their website page for British post WW2 is at https://sandsmodels.com/product-category/172-20mm-post-war-modern-vehicles/172-20mm-post-war-modern-vehicles-172-post-war-british-vehicles/

I haven't bought anything from them for 20+ years. Their detail level wasn't as good as polystyrene kits, but not bad at all. At that time they were cast resin.

• Agree 1

Hi Nick

BW Models and CMSC no longer exist however you may get some BW on the eBay via PicClic.

Someone else took over some CMSC kits but I can’t remember the name ! Milicast now have Bedford RL kit if any use

regards

BLK4Y

• RMweb Premium