Bleddfa Road

sparky

30 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Geoff, really glad you have posted the layout here as I had missed it in the layouts forum.

This is looking great and I will be following your progress.

Cheers, Ade.

You should spend more time on Western Thunder. The Bleddfa Road thread has been running there for over two years!

Dave

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, sparky said:

my old Penhydd/Llangunllo thread.

Funnily enough the first shots of this layout reminded me of something and then realised it was your previous stuff, which I've come across when searching for things from time to time.

Interesting that we obviously put our personal stamp on things!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Great to see this here Geoff, I’ve been following your progress on your online blog over the last year or so already. Very inspirational to the point where I’m having a crack at my own Welsh end of steam era micro layout in 4mm scale. 
I look forward to seeing more updates!

Jay

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Funnily enough the first shots of this layout reminded me of something and then realised it was your previous stuff

The fact that 1455 “starred” on both the EM layouts and now this one will have only added to the confusion!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, sparky said:

Thank you Tim, I often wonder where my modelling would be now had you not suggested that I have a dabble in 7mm scale :rolleyes:

The thing is, I don't actually remember doing that and I am no shining advert for taking up 7mm modelling myself, all my 7mm bits and pieces, such as they area, remain in their boxes!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

The thing is, I don't actually remember doing that and I am no shining advert for taking up 7mm modelling myself, all my 7mm bits and pieces, such as they area, remain in their boxes!

Here you go Tim hardly surprising that you don't remember this exchange that we had over on Western Thunder, seeing as it took place over 5 years ago! I suppose it stuck in my mind due the amount I spent on 7mm goodies over the following weeks:D

Geoff said: 

Certain people here on the forum have been trying to lead me down the 7mm path, and might yet succeed. So I thought it best if I got back to work on my current trainset, before the temptation proved too much. 

"Why not try to do some 7mm in parallel with 4mm stuff, which is what I'm going to be trying to do, in due course".

Captain Kernow, 4 November 2016  ThreadmarkReportBookmark

#727Unlike+ QuoteReply

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, sparky said:

Only having a spot of fun, but seriously 1455 and 7416 were frequent visitors to the Kington Railways and I wanted to continue with the same feeling of time and place.

I knew that - you are continuing in the search for verisimilitude, but rarely is scenery in 7mm scale indistinguishable from that produced for 4mm scale, where (a few exceptions aside, e.g. Pempoul, Martin Welch’s work) 7mm scenery is often a touch coarse and unconvincing.

On 04/12/2021 at 11:38, Regularity said:

I knew that - you are continuing in the search for verisimilitude, but rarely is scenery in 7mm scale indistinguishable from that produced for 4mm scale, where (a few exceptions aside, e.g. Pempoul, Martin Welch’s work) 7mm scenery is often a touch coarse and unconvincing.

Once I have the basic ground cover down I hope to improve on it, Messer's Gravatt and Welch have really set the bar high. I always knew it would be a challenge to create decent scenery in 7mm scale, but I will be giving it my best shot. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...