Derby Station Closed ? (Fri 3rd Dec)

• RMweb Gold

Just looked on Railcam and all seems OK. Station lights are on and just watched a couple of trains pass. One was the 08.40 Derby to Edinburgh which is 55m late and also the 09.00 from Sheffield just came in 12m late. Perhaps there's been a problem but it is now resolved. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

My limited knowledge of matters north of Elstree nevertheless tells me that closure of Derby station is a tad inconvenient. ISTR there used to be something called the Chaddesden Loop that bypassed the place, but no doubt this was nuked years ago, and anyway might not do much except for MML trains. 

1 hour ago, RFS said:

Just looked on Railcam and all seems OK. Station lights are on and just watched a couple of trains pass. One was the 08.40 Derby to Edinburgh which is 55m late and also the 09.00 from Sheffield just came in 12m late. Perhaps there's been a problem but it is now resolved. 

Still ongoing I believe, power outage earlier this morning, now running on generators but the MOMs running around trying to reset everything so limited train movements.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

From National Rail

All lines have reopened following a fault with the signalling system at Derby. However, due to the significant congestion that has built up in the area, services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 60 minutes or diverted.

Major disruption is expected until 12:30.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Hobby said:

Still ongoing I believe, power outage earlier this morning, now running on generators but the MOMs running around trying to reset everything so limited train movements.

Yes it was a power failure - but it was a HV National Grid fault rather than railway related one.

Questions will of course be asked within NR any deficiencies with their UPS / generators as necessary.

Edited by phil-b259
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2