New GWR Books in 2021? Recommendations Please

• RMweb Premium

I have been otherwise engaged for most of the year so book releases have passed me by.........

Have there been any recommended GWR ( or 50s UK steam)  book releases this year - I need to get M.I.B Snr something as a gift...........

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Not quite books but did you see the first two issues of “Western Times” from Transport Treasury Publishing? Top stuff!

Recommended. It looks as if the new owners at the Transport Treasury are doing their best to publish lots of books at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

All I would say with some books is beware of dodgy/inaccurate photo captions. - 'Western Times' contains lots of good stuff but read the relevant thread in RMweb as it  draws attention to some captioning errors.

I would thoroughly recommend, and commend, Lightmoor Press as an excellent source of Western related material as they produce some very higfh quality books all of which are worth looking at for anyone interested in various aspects of the Western over many years.  Top quality postal service as well. (as is also the case with Titfield Thinderbolt and wild swan volumes).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...