Liliput/Miniature Construction E3001 motor spares - help wanted

andyman7

I have finally managed to acquire an original Liliput/Miniature Construction E3001 loco - this predates the Trix version. It's not in bad condition but the Mazak parts of the motor have totally fatigued. The motor was one of the 'bought in' parts used by Miniature Construction, it is fitted to the frame by a screw so is completely removable and presumably saw use in other models in the Liliput H0 range - can anyone help with part numbers or examples of other models I could search for that might be used as 'Christmas Trees' to let me replace or rebuild the motor? 
My desire is to keep this as far as possible to original specification hence I would prefer to locate an original spec motor rather than adapt and fit another mechanism. 

IMG_20211208_190558.jpg

IMG_20211208_190534.jpg

The motor is similar in looks to the motor used in the Airfix Railway System GWR 6100 Prairie tank.

It is also similar in looks  to many of the open frame motors, including the Tri-ang  X.04 type motors…(including the 5 Pole versions marketed by other companies…)

• 4 weeks later...

I've found an AL1 chassis with motor, wheels, gears, chassis block and the frame that goes in the loco body. all that's missing is the sideframes and coupling. It's not or does not appear to be a mazak motor but steel frame similar to the X04 and 5 pole as well. There's also the trailing bogie apart from the sideframes. I don't know what happened to those but I know there's still one lying around somewhere. there's an AL1 body that has one end missing and the other end converted to AL6 with additional louvres in the sides. Gears are all there on the motor bogie if that's any help. This was a probably another I got a s a Trix Locobuilder kit. Would this be any help to you?

Interesting in that the idler gear is on a long axle with another idler gear on the ther side, so you'll have a spare! PM m if interested.

• Thanks 1