New C&L P4 & EM gauge flext track in both 2 & 3 bolt chairs

hayfield

I was at C&L's HQ this morning and Phil showed me his latest releases  New P4 and EM flexitrack 

793.jpeg.638075cfa7f9fadfcf901dd7e95d8924.jpeg    P4 lower EM upper

Both come in the thicker 1.6mm track base, in 60' panels with 12" sleepers and narrowed spacing at both ends.

Best of all a choice of chairs either S1 3 bolt or GWR 2 bolt all with keys in the chairs

These will be available in the new year as the order is in the extruders waiting to be shot

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

John, I think there may be something amiss on the C&L website.

£22.88 for 1 metre of the new track seems a bit wrong, as a box of £20 works out at £8.16 per metre. I know there is a saving for bulk buying but that seems a bit OTT.

The points section of the 4mm area also offers "4PK-POINT KITS ALL SIZES 4 MM SELECT FROM OO / EM / P4". Surely that can't be a pack of 4 point kits as stated, for only £52.20? 

Jol

1 hour ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

John, I think there may be something amiss on the C&L website.

£22.88 for 1 metre of the new track seems a bit wrong, as a box of £20 works out at £8.16 per metre. I know there is a saving for bulk buying but that seems a bit OTT.

The points section of the 4mm area also offers "4PK-POINT KITS ALL SIZES 4 MM SELECT FROM OO / EM / P4". Surely that can't be a pack of 4 point kits as stated, for only £52.20? 

Jol

Jol

Thanks I will have a word with Phil, I noticed something yesterday on copperclad that did not ring true. He's getting like Arkwright :jester:

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

When available (after Christmas ) The price is £8.50 per meter plus postage

What may be interesting is a pack of bases only for 2 meters of track at  £11.40, you can use your existing rail and save a fortune on postage

Phil will still be supplying thin track base flexi track as long as interest in it continues

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/12/2021 at 20:30, Jol Wilkinson said:

Jol

It’s interesting that someone else has picked up on this too as I ordered what I thought was a 4 pack of point kits last year but only a single kit arrived.  When I checked the website it wasn’t worded very well with no explanation too.  Upon checking the 7mm section of the site I assumed that 4PK stood for 4mm Point Kit but could be wrong.

I’m not knocking C&L, merely an observation of something which caught me out.

Thanks

Martin

• Agree 1

You state which gauge is required, unlike in the past when kits of different gauges were made up, for sometime now only packs of common items are made up, the gauge & size specific items are added when the order is received, paper instructions have to be requested.

I will tell Phil to look at the 7mm descriptions, I guess it was cut and pasted but not altered

The timing of this thread is excellent.  I placed an order before Christmas but because i live in Canada I have to phone with my CC details.  I have tried to call many times and have e-mailed to see if he is actually getting my call messages.  I am getting nowhere fast.  Any suggestions on how to make contact?

Thanks

Phil closed the business between Christmas and new year until 10th of Jan, there was an early note on the website (5th of Dec) he was there before Christmas

"Office closed from 23rd December 2021 to 10th January 2022"

This was partly so he can get stocks packed up to normal levels and sort out supplies of the new EM & P4 flexitrack